Replicating my E* setup?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FlyingDiver

Original poster
Dec 19, 2003
I just sold my house, and the buyers wanted all my DishNetwork equipment, so I'm going to be in the market for all new equipment after we move. I'm considering switching to DirecTV at that time, so I'm looking on suggestions for equipment and suppliers.

Currently, we have a DishPVR 721, and a DishPVR 508. That gives us three tuners and two simultanous playbacks. We use the 721 for the "common" programming, as well as my shows. It holds close to 90 hours of progamming. My wife uses the 508 for her shows. It holds about 50 hours.

We definitely need at least two tuners, and three (or four) would be better. And we definitely need two playbacks at the same time. The capacity we have with the Dish stuff is fine. More is always better, but we can't go too much less. Maybe 35-40 hours for the secondary machine, but 80-100 hours for the primary is a must.

It would also be good if one remote can control both systems. We have to do a little bit of a programming dance to switch the Dish remotes between address 1 and address 2, but we're OK with that. RF remotes are a plus.

Bonus - figure in future (not too far in the future) HD recording capability as well. Also figure in what's the best way to get as much of this on "new customer" terms. We currently pay for the Dish Top 100 package, plus locals, plus HBO. That totals about $60/month. I'd like to keep it to that range if possible, but it's not an absolute requirement.

Thanks!

joe

Joe you might want to rethink your decision to leave the DISH equipment for the new owner. DISH makes it very hard to qualify as a new customer again but the buyer of your house probably will qualify as a new customer and can get the promotions. You can use the DISH mover and get new outside equipment at a minimal cost installed at your new residence. If you do want Directv I would suggest getting the 3 X FREE promo combined with the $99 DirecTiVo deal to get new equipment if you have never been a Directv subscriber before.

boba said:
Joe you might want to rethink your decision to leave the DISH equipment for the new owner. DISH makes it very hard to qualify as a new customer again but the buyer of your house probably will qualify as a new customer and can get the promotions. You can use the DISH mover and get new outside equipment at a minimal cost installed at your new residence. If you do want Directv I would suggest getting the 3 X FREE promo combined with the $99 DirecTiVo deal to get new equipment if you have never been a Directv subscriber before.

A little late on replying to this...

Not my choice. Buyers put the receivers in the purchase offer. It was a full price offer, so it wasn't in my best interest to negotiate on that one point.

If I did want to go back to Dish, I don't expect any real problems. Order service in my wife's name, with a new address and phone number. How would they know?

joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts