Repoint to 118 from 121

118 repoint

I have violated SatGuys policy. I now know there is NO HACK TALK and I am no longer welcome here.

Love that Red exclamation point.

You have to reboot your cs7000 by striping a piece of coax and putting one end into your receiver's satellite in and sticking the stripped end into an electrical outlet. The 120v current will activate a reset inside the receiver and you should be good to go.

Installer from heaven

Dish Network finally sent me an installer from heaven. He set up a Dish 500+, 10 yards from my super dish 121. After peaking the new dish, Sat 118 checked in at attention. I now also get EuroNews, available in 7 languages, adjustable with the remote. My wife is tickled pink!!! Then I cemented around the dish mounting and it is super secure. The cable also is in a conduit underground. I now get so much national and intern'l programming that I miss nothing that is reported on this planet. Speaking four languages helps us, of course.

Love that Red exclamation point.

You have to reboot your cs7000 by striping a piece of coax and putting one end into your receiver's satellite in and sticking the stripped end into an electrical outlet. The 120v current will activate a reset inside the receiver and you should be good to go.

You know, I can't believe a moderator didn't speak up about this specific post made by vegassatellite. I realize I'm new here, and don't have a large post count, but comments like this one can easily get somebody KILLED! Very reckless comment to make to anybody, even if you suspect they are hacking, and don't like them or for whatever the reason. Hacking satellite doesn't deserve a DEATH SENTENCE from posters like you, and there are people that might try it. Even if you could say such a person is "intellectually challenged", that's also not a reason for the death penalty.

I have superdish 121 and currently trying to convert 121 to 118.7
i found this re-alignment 118.7 kit on ebay... does anyone know that this lnbset set work with superdish for sure and be able to recieve international channels from 118.7W (Anik F3)

ebay link---- NEW Superdish to DISH500+ Repoint kit 118 w/129 braket - (eBay item 160180501719 end time Nov-17-07 10:40:10 PST)

Yes, this is the kit for conversion. You will have to drill a new centered hole in the lnb arm between the 2 holes that are used for the present lnb on your Superdish.

I observed the repoint process on my 121 SuperDiSH.
It involved both re-pointing and skew adjustment in my particular setup.
This is probably due to a non-plumb pole, but I'm totally hands-off the DiSH Network gear on my house so I just let them figure it out.
It looks, to me, that the 110 LNBF of the repoint assembly is not as far as the 121 SuperDiSH assembly was for its 110 bracket, and would require a skew adjustment in any case.
I'm sure you can find 118.75 repoint kit instructions on the interwebs that talk about this.
Note, I observed the original SuperDiSH 121 installation and I happen to know it was done by eyeballing and Birdog hacking; not with any kind of bubble level.

You know, I can't believe a moderator didn't speak up about this specific post made by vegassatellite. I realize I'm new here, and don't have a large post count, but comments like this one can easily get somebody KILLED! Very reckless comment to make to anybody, even if you suspect they are hacking, and don't like them or for whatever the reason. Hacking satellite doesn't deserve a DEATH SENTENCE from posters like you, and there are people that might try it. Even if you could say such a person is "intellectually challenged", that's also not a reason for the death penalty.

:rolleyes:

People are responsible for their own actions. Let's ban Eminem while we're at it.

:rolleyes:

People are responsible for their own actions. Let's ban Eminem while we're at it.

Yes, I agree to a certain point. People are responsible for their own actions. That makes YOU responsible for not giving dangerous advice or comments on forums, to people that look up to others as "experts", and might follow the advice too blindly. From the rolleyes icon you posted with your reply, I see you still don't get that. I don't want to start a feud here, I just want to point out that I think you need to reconsider before making dangerous responses such as you did to the previous poster, or to any poster for that matter. Thank you.

I have superdish 121 and currently trying to convert 121 to 118.7
i found this re-alignment 118.7 kit on ebay... does anyone know that this lnbset set work with superdish for sure and be able to recieve international channels from 118.7W (Anik F3)

ebay link---- NEW Superdish to DISH500+ Repoint kit 118 w/129 braket - (eBay item 160180501719 end time Nov-17-07 10:40:10 PST)
It looks like the same LNBF cluster in the SuperDish Repoint Kit. You can also buy it from Dish retailers such as The DishStore above; and here's a link: The Dish Store - Powered by Metro25 You will probably end up paying about the same depending on the actual shipping; but end up with a warranty from a retailer. :):)

I know before the repoint kit came out, some have taken a Dish 500+ LNBF cluster and mounted it on a SuperDish by drilling holes. However, I don't know if the real Repoint Kit requires hole drilling or not as another poster has said.

If I would have to drill holes with the purchase of a Repoint Kit, I think I would just replace the whole dish setup with a Dish 500+ and convert it to a Dish 1000+ with the DP Dual LNBF from the SuperDish.

Yes, I agree to a certain point. People are responsible for their own actions. That makes YOU responsible for not giving dangerous advice or comments on forums, to people that look up to others as "experts", and might follow the advice too blindly. From the rolleyes icon you posted with your reply, I see you still don't get that. I don't want to start a feud here, I just want to point out that I think you need to reconsider before making dangerous responses such as you did to the previous poster, or to any poster for that matter. Thank you.
Primestar31 -- When I first read Vegassatillite's response the other day, I got a little humor out of it; sounded like something I might say.:) But at the same time I was also hoping that this was not some middle-schooler who maybe would not know better and try it; not because it might damage the receiver, but maybe cause personal injury.

Maybe he could edit the post and put "DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME". :)

(However, he should have a piece of coax ready to mail if the poster requests it. :D Okay, just joking.)

Have a good day all, and remember...
I feel strongly both ways.

Nope, no drilling is involved.
It slips over the yoke.
It does have only a single carriage bolt but has two holes. Someone mentioned that one hole is for Type 1 and the other hole is for Type 2 since there were two different SuperDiSHes (a plastic one and a steel one).

superdish repoint to118.7

i have superdish 121 in the below repointing kit image there is a small lnb and big thick lnb. which satellite signal does the small lnb pick up
0374_1.JPG

is this the right repointing kit for superdish to get 118.7

Does re-point kit have a bracket for 129? If so, can I use my super dish 121 to receive all four satellites (110,118,119,129)?
Thanks.

Does re-point kit have a bracket for 129? If so, can I use my super dish 121 to receive all four satellites (110,118,119,129)?
Thanks.

yes, but youll be needing a DPP 44 switch instead of the much more common DP34 (along with a second DP Dual).

i have superdish 121 in the below repointing kit image there is a small lnb and big thick lnb. which satellite signal does the small lnb pick up
0374_1.JPG

is this the right repointing kit for superdish to get 118.7

The eye shaped LNB picks up 118.75 and 119. The DP Double picks up 110.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)