Report DISH Guide Issues HERE

I cancelled Dish over it. And glad since its cheaper with Cox Cable, 2 Tivo's and 3 Minis.
Everyone in my neighborhood is doing the same thing. Im installing up full Tivo set up tomarrow down the street, extra money for me. Thank You Dish for your #$%^% support.

I agree, Dish has gone way down-hill since around the time Charlie drove a stake through VOOM. Their costs are crazy, and there's really nothing to distinguish them from others anymore, not even a lower cost.

Ever CHARTER now has more HD, better service, and at a lower cost that even includes 60meg internet!

Last edited:
Reactions: foghorn2
I cancelled Dish over it. And glad since its cheaper with Cox Cable, 2 Tivo's and 3 Minis.
Everyone in my neighborhood is doing the same thing. Im installing up full Tivo set up tomarrow down the street, extra money for me. Thank You Dish for your #$%^% support.
So curious question, how much did you for out for the Tivos, with lifetime I would hope.

So curious question, how much did you for out for the Tivos, with lifetime I would hope.
For me ,I didn't buy lifetime for my Tivo, I just paid $150 for the Year on Autopay.
The Roamio Pro cost me $450 ,
and 3 Minis I got for $99 each which comes with no monthly fee.
So around $800 invested
And Cable charged me $5.95 for the cable card.
I couldn't see paying for lifetime IMO When it only goes with the Box, not the customer.

It cost me $1242 in 24 months time to have the Tivo in Ownership and Service fees.

Dish would Come out to $912 for me.
So as you can see it would take about 2.5 -3 years to start seeing a savings.

And my Cable company isn't worth 2 -3 years service.

2 Lifetimes for $299 each, one bought with lots of credits/points from Amazon, its a FrankenTivo, an OTA Roamio with an added modified Cable Card Bracket and WD Red Nas drive.

The 3 Minis (all lifetimes) from Amazon again with lots of credit card points.

And at any point I could drop Cable and go OTA only and still watch all the Terabytes for recordings between the 2 Tivos and all the archived shows on my server.
Yes you can move all the non flagged recordings off to a server.!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)