Report DISH Guide Issues HERE

Birmingham, Ala DMA

17.2 WDBB - ABC (same guide data as WABM2 on Dish satellite feed)

58.1 WBMA - ABC (same guide data as WABM2 on Dish satellite feed)

68.2 WABM - ABC (same guide data as WABM2 on Dish satellite feed)

Los Angeles DMA:
Channel 2.2 is now Decades TV currently showing "Binge" (marathons) of classic TV including Love American Style, Mayberry R.F.D., Dobbie Gillis, etc. as part of a countdown to the new Decades TV. Currently, no program data is displayed on Dish EPG.

Los Angeles DMA:
Channel 2.2 is now Decades TV currently showing "Binge" (marathons) of classic TV including Love American Style, Mayberry R.F.D., Dobbie Gillis, etc. as part of a countdown to the new Decades TV. Currently, no program data is displayed on Dish EPG.
Same way in the SF Bay Area on channel 5.2..... Considering that their own website (decades.com) doesn't have the correct schedule maybe it's a CBS issue....

In Orlando there is no guide info on like 80% of the channels,
The only channels that have guide info are some of the main channels
The PBS stations don't have guide info on the main channels.
The following channels have "digital service"

2.2 Me Tv

6.2 Cozi Tv
6.3 Heartland

9.2 Mega TV
9.3 Grit

15.1 WDSC PBS
15.2 FL Channel
15.3 Mhz Worldview

18.2 This TV
18.3 Estrella TV

24.2 WUCF Create TV
24.3 WUCF PBS World
24.4 WUCF VME

26.1 WVEN Univision
26.2 LATV

27.2 Antenna TV
31.2 Telemundo Orlando

31.1 Telemundo Orlando

43.2 Get TV
43.3 Bounce TV
43.4 Escape Tv

45.2 Nacion
45.3 Aliento
45.4 CTNi

52.1 TBN
52.2 Church ch
52.3 JUCE
52.4 enlace
52.5 Smile of a child

55.2 God TV
55.5 Vida Vision
55.6 Guia Local Channel

56.1 ION
56.2 Qubo
56.3 Ionlife
56.4 shop
56.5 QVC
56.6 HSN

65.2 Movies!
65.3 Bounce TV

68.1 WEFS PBS
68.2 Arts
68.3 Nasa
68.4 FL ch

Last edited:
Having a receiver that does everything is what I thought DISH was pushing for with the Hopper. They added Netflix and are in the process of coming up with Vevo for music and now they are slacking off on the ota guide? By not fixing the ota guide and refusing to support the sub channels, they are making it even easier for subs to cut the cord and go with Tivo. Tivo makes a box that does just ota and it is sold for $49.99. It has some of the same apps that DISH is just adding to their hoppers and they work like the hopper with the mini tivos in each room for a whole house solution. Considering that HBo /Showtime and other companies are coming up with streaming only versions ala cart, it won't be long till everyone will be considering cutting the cord and moving on to other sources for entertainment. After all , about 75% of what we watch is directly off our ota or local stations. The rest we could get from other sources.

Reactions: foghorn2
Again, one thing to remember about cord cutting is data caps. Each provider in each area is different, but some hve limits at 100 GB, some have 500 GB, some do not even monitor their data caps, and some force higher packages or a costly increase.

Again, one thing to remember about cord cutting...
There's no great mass exodus of people who are "cord cutting". Yes, people finally have much improved options that didn't exist just a few years ago, but I don't believe that the cablecos or satcos are concerned....

I think they are concerned, but I also think they have an eye on the market and their concern is at a reasonable level. I agree that there is not a mass exodus. What will be interesting is if HULU and Netflix have to start paying retrans fees for the programming to offer ala carte. Not saying that WILL happen, but would be interesting to see the overall outcome of that.

Dish created Sling TV for starts. TV Anywhere was another big push. But as you mention, it is mostly going to be a wait and see... Keep an eye on trends and how things are going. They know there is a change coming, but today is not that day.

Dish created Sling TV for starts.
Ergen did, not Dish ;) I haven't looked, but is Sling TV mentioned on the Dish website? I bet existing Dish customers won't be targeted for this service either. Would be interesting if Sling was offered as an option to people who call in to cancel because they feel the price is too high...

Reactions: osu1991

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)