Report DISH Guide Issues HERE

MILWAUKEE. WI.

Lots of missing guide data - DIGITAL SERVICE only for lots of the .1 & .2 channels . Biggest problem is that a while back my primary PBS station 10.1 went from full guide to D.S. This really is a PITA to have to setup Manual Timers for all the GOOD stuff on TV. Can't get Locals in HD because of LOS trees, so OTA is only choice. 10.2 still has full guide but that is SD. CBS 58.1 and its subs .2 .3 .4 all have full guide as does the secondary PBS 36.1 .2 .3 .4 .

Reactions: foghorn2
Indianapolis,IN No data/ digital service
6.3 Livewell
8.3 radar
20.2 wrong data, should be (V me)
23.2 Bounce
29.1 CBS
29.2 Ind.
49.2 Create
49.3 radar
59.3 This
69.1 WDTI

Los Angeles DMA:
KCET, 28 Thursdays @8PM
TV show Death in Paradise appears as 30 minute block with Moone Boy following at 8:30PM. The problem is that Death in Paradise is a one-hour show. Further, the subsequent airing of Death in Paradise 3 hours later @12 midnight is displayed as a one-hour block on the guide. The very SAME error as described above also appears on my TiVo's (including subsequent correct length and block on the guide), so this looks to be a Tribune problem/fault or KCET, 28 is at fault, but not Dish or TiVo.

I had observed this once before but thought it was a one-time goof. However, it seems a regular goof.

The very SAME error as described above also appears on my TiVo's (including subsequent correct length and block on the guide), so this looks to be a Tribune problem/fault or KCET, 28 is at fault, but not Dish or TiVo.
This isn't the purpose of this thread. Contact the station or Tribune to fix it and it will automagically be right on Dish.

Reactions: Mr Tony and osu1991
If Dish does something -- and I'll emphasize if again -- is it safe to say they won't do anything for stations that they don't carry ? In the post I listed Dayton's locals, I didn't include "WKOI", which is a TBN affiliate, because Dish doesn't carry them. In a later post, @TNGTony did list them (for Dayton / Cincinnati).

I am not referring to channels like GRIT TV, MyTV, etc that are sub-channels under a "major" network that is carried by Dish.
Not waning to thread to leave orignial purpose, but I must add that In the LA DMA there is an INconsistency with Dish providing EPG data for OTA's that does NOT fit the "only Dish carries" theory.

i get two DMAs. the following has No Guide data, the rest are good

Omaha Ne
---------
3.2 kmtv antenna tv (this station is also Dishs local channel up load physical location for Omaha)
15.3 kxvo Grit
32.2 kbin iowa pbs world
42.3 kptm univision

Lincoln Ne
==========
8.3 klkn Escape tv
10.3 koln MeTV/My

This isn't the purpose of this thread. Contact the station or Tribune to fix it and it will automagically be right on Dish.
Actually, my post is the purpose of this thread. This is a cut and past of Scott's post requesting information for this thread: "Please use this thread to report any guide issues you see on DISH here. Please be sure to include as much detail as possible in your report."

Scott, stated "any guide issues." In addition to my post, indeed, being what this post is about, as a Dish customer it is NOT my job to notify Tribune, it is DISH's job to do so, and further, Dish has ALWAYS wanted errors on their guide to be reported to them, DISH, not Tribune because they, DISH, will follow-up with Tribune and have the relationship to do so, and DISH wants to know about guide issues so they are aware, as a customer of Tribune, of how good or bad a job Tribune is doing so that they, DISH, can re-evaluate the money they pay Tribune in considering using a competitor for guide data, which may benefit us all.

So, if your response was a misunderstanding of Scott's clear request to "report any guide issues here" request, then apology accepted. Now, let's refrain from trying to tell other posters what to do and get back to reporting guide issues or relevant information relating to guide issues only.

Reactions: yomama and foghorn2
This thread was started as a consolidation of the many threads related to incorrect or missing guide data for OTA stations. If people want to include other issues that Dish has no control over, so be it....

Reactions: osu1991
Scott did not put "OTA" in the thread title but it was stemmed from OTA guide complainers like me. Maybe Scott wanted it that way. But if the goal is to improve the guide, it should include all issues, tribune or not. We pay Dish, not tribune and whats the purpose of paying for DVR service/equipment if the guide is incorrect :star

But to be fair, we should not blame Dish for Tribunes faults. My neighbors who have Dish complain, the ones with Directv, Prism, Tivo and Cox Cable are content and get all the major sub channels with accurate guides. Tribune does supply the data, but it seems Dish has some mickey mouse way of relaying it to the guide.

All of the following OTA's just show "Digital Service" and channel number and the call letters as I've typed in here-- in the banner. No program data.

Lincoln--Kearney, Ne DMA
Channel Numbers on left side;
These 3 are Public TV
003.01 NET 1 Main HD channel (Nebraska Educational TV)
003.02 NET 2 World ?
003.03 NET 3 Create

Also-
011.01 KGIN-- CBS
011.02 KSNB --NBC
011.03 METV

The ABC and FOX OTA's come through with the correct program data.

Last edited:
Chicago DMA

WWTO channel 35 OTA
35-1 TBN
35-02 the church channel
35-03 juice
35-04 enlace
35-05 soac
i talked to wwto and they said that all dish has to is too add the guide data for these channels
i sure appreciate it very much

Also for the Chicago DMA
48-01 is UToo. This is the exact same as subchannel 26-02, and Dish already has the guide data for that channel. Just need to have the exact same guide data as 26-02 linked up to 48-01. (48-01 is the HD feed on a separate frequency)

Dish has no control over what, if any, guide data locals are transmitting and whether or not it's accurate. As far as a problem that Dish can control, when I select "My Channels" most of the OTA's that I've scanned in don't display, only those that match what Dish carries as my locals do, but if I select "All Channels" then they display. It would be nice if MY channels that I scanned would display in "My Channels".

DISH does have some control over the quality/accuracy of the Guide. Maybe not directly but do they put any pressure at all on Tribune to be more accurate? Do they have other alternatives that may be better or at the least can threaten to use? Do the people who make decisions at DISH even know I have to delete multiple shows set to record because the data was N/A or just plain wrong when "NEW" is picked to be recorded?
Week after week I am deleting Anthony Bourdain, Cops, and Dog and Beth as just some examples that forever have been wrong and get recorded or will be even if not new. Ice Road Truckers and others when they start up again will have multiple recordings set of very old shows, happens every year just like taxes.
It used to be if you waited till the day or so before the erroneous recording the guide sometimes would fix itself with the correct information but not as much now. There was a time when I (and others) did relay the inconsistencies to DIRT and I saw no correlation to the reported mistakes being fixed. Some were fixed some never were.

It's just TV but it would be nice to see someone with authority to want the guide to be more accurate.

No, they don't. Right now there are four channel 2's out of Delaware. They are currently transmitting incorrect guide data on all four channels. 2.1 and 2.2 show no data while 2.3 has the data for 2.1 and 2.4 shows the data for 2.2. Dish has no control over that. They can only retransmit what they receive. Do you seriously think they have a responsibility, or manpower, to spell check every single OTA channels guide info for the entire country?

I get most of my sub channels on my OTA dongle. I do not know on most, if the guide data is correct, but I do not get guide data for WBQP (low power) station or any of its sub channels. Also, 35-02 getv and 55-02 Bounty. I say not bad, since I pick up 42 OTA channels in the Pensacola, FL area.

No, they don't. Right now there are four channel 2's out of Delaware. They are currently transmitting incorrect guide data on all four channels. 2.1 and 2.2 show no data while 2.3 has the data for 2.1 and 2.4 shows the data for 2.2. Dish has no control over that. They can only retransmit what they receive. Do you seriously think they have a responsibility, or manpower, to spell check every single OTA channels guide info for the entire country?

First, that isn't at all what I referenced. Second, yes in a way they can. I'm betting some have reported those issues. Did they get followed up? When these problems get reported does DISH let the people know they tried to fix it or who to write to get results? I think we know the answer is no to all that.
If you are trying to sell to me that DISH has no control and can't help to get the guide correct at all I'm not buying that.

First, you responded to my post in which I referenced local OTA so yes you did. Second, buy what you want, it doesn't change the facts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts