Report: Jon Gruden close to becoming head coach of the U

Canes better do some upgrading on their athletic facilities or it does not matter who they hire. I imagine that will be a stipulation of any coach taking this job. Hire me and upgrade me!!

Canes better do some upgrading on their athletic facilities or it does not matter who they hire. I imagine that will be a stipulation of any coach taking this job. Hire me and upgrade me!!

IF he took the job, it because he has full support of the faculty and has a very under achieving football team that HE KNOWS they can win. It's a small private school ....Florida State and and Florida have more alumni IN Miami than The U have in the entire STATE. They do not get as much alumni money as the state schools like FSU, UF or even FIU.

Gruden isn't going anywhere

ESPN football analyst Jon Gruden said Sunday night that he isn't leaving ESPN.
"I am committed to Monday Night Football and to ESPN," Gruden said in a statement. "I enjoy working with Mike, Jaws and our entire crew and am just trying to get better at this job."
Jon Gruden says he's 'committed' to TV analyst job - ESPN

To be honest no matter who takes the job Miami's program will be down for the next 3-4 years, it will take that long to build some sort of recruiting control on the state from FSU or Florida, hell even South Florida now has a leg up over the U.

salsadancer7 said:
IF he took the job, it because he has full support of the faculty and has a very under achieving football team that HE KNOWS they can win. It's a small private school ....Florida State and and Florida have more alumni IN Miami than The U have in the entire STATE. They do not get as much alumni money as the state schools like FSU, UF or even FIU.

The same problem Alabama had since the Bear. Saban changed the "were Alabama and we can win no matter who we get or if we don't upgrade our facilities." it is no secret since he was hired Bama's athletic facility is one of the best in the country. He demanded it before he signed his contract. It is a MUST these days to win with consistancy.

The same problem Alabama had since the Bear. Saban changed the "were Alabama and we can win no matter who we get or if we don't upgrade our facilities." it is no secret since he was hired Bama's athletic facility is one of the best in the country. He demanded it before he signed his contract. It is a MUST these days to win with consistancy.

ALABAMA is a STATE school with a HUGE....HUGE...alumni base. Do you not see the difference? 9,000+ students to 30,000+ currently. A STATE school can make those demands because the state school get, other than alumni money....state money.

Gruden isn't going anywhere

Jon Gruden says he's 'committed' to TV analyst job - ESPN

To be honest no matter who takes the job Miami's program will be down for the next 3-4 years, it will take that long to build some sort of recruiting control on the state from FSU or Florida, hell even South Florida now has a leg up over the U.

1st of all, you are telling me with the talent that is there...suddenly, the U will be under .500? PLEASE explain THAT one. Also, please come up with FACTS where "South Florida now has a leg over the U"? A leg up in what? You pulling things out of your a$$ with those two statements.

salsadancer7 said:
ALABAMA is a STATE school with a HUGE....HUGE...alumni base. Do you not see the difference? 9,000+ students to 30,000+ currently. A STATE school can make those demands because the state school get, other than alumni money....state money.

Using state money to upgrade an athletic facility??? Did not happen here in Alabama (Bama or Auburn). Donations and fundraisers were used. I'm just telling you what a school needs to do to compete day in and day out. Up to you to believe it or not.

http://changingtides.ua.edu/?p=284

Last edited:
1st of all, you are telling me with the talent that is there...suddenly, the U will be under .500? PLEASE explain THAT one. Also, please come up with FACTS where "South Florida now has a leg over the U"? A leg up in what? You pulling things out of your a$$ with those two statements.

Look at the history of a program when they change coaches and you know coaches change their style... It could have a downward effect on the team prior to it coming sharply back up. I didn't say under .500, not sure where your reading that but it sounds as if your sticking words in my mouth to feed your anger for Miami coming up short this year, no that's not what I'm saying. As for South Florida having a leg up over the U... YES THEY DO, they won in your rival game this year = leg up. Rival games are very important when it comes to recruiting and now you have no head coach for recruits to feed from when you sure do with Holtz at the helm in South Florida. So.... once again I didn't pull anything out of my a$$ but you sure made yourself look like one when you became very critical of me with those statements.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)