Report: Jon Gruden close to becoming head coach of the U

HD MM said:
Personally, I don't see Gruden coaching college. He's already coached the best of the best in the National Football League. Why would he want to take a demotion to coach a mediocre college program? It makes absolutely ZERO sense. And as far as I'm concerned, it's a wild rumor and nothing more than wishful thinking on Miami's part.

"mediocre" ...LMAO....but, but everyone is entitled to their opinion... I guess.

ROFLMAO!!!!

SandraC said:
Well you never know, but I agree Gruden just seems like an NFL lifer. When his name came up for Notre Dame I could almost see that, as Notre Dame is a college program unlike any other out there. It's just different.

This could be an attempt by the Gruden camp to get his name out there so that NFL teams take notice.

Good to have you back HD...we missed ya!!!

Sandra

Very well could be.....

HD MM said:
Yep.

Mediocre.

Mediocre team in a mediocre conference (ACC). 7-5 this year, no conference wins since moving to the ACC. How is that not mediocre?

The season yes...the program as a whole....nope.

NO SCHOOL has more players in the NFL....by a mile.

The season yes...the program as a whole....nope.

NO SCHOOL has more players in the NFL....by a mile.

Sending kids onto the NFL doesn't win you Conference Titles. Don't be such a homer and quit living in the past. As it stands right now, Miami is a mediocre school. Don't take that as an insult. Take it as the truth. I can name a boatload of schools that would be a more desirable location for Chucky.

This is all part of my reasoning in why I don't think Chucky will go to the U. It's a demotion. That would be like the CEO of Wal-Mart taking a position as a bag-boy for the store. Just doesn't make sense!

I am lost in homerville...aren't you the same one that states this ridiculous challenge of "find 3rd teams that can beat your Hokies with 2 or 3 losses that have players born on leap year and all have their defensive backs with 6 toes a pieces" or something as ridiculous as that? Or are you saying that South Florida win will be a "constant" and not a "fluke win" like the VaTech loss?!

Yeah...who is lost in homerville now ??!! LOL!!!!

You....not I stated that because of that 1st time ever loss to South Florida...that they have a leg up on Miami. So NOW you are telling that same thing does NOT apply to your Hokies...??!!

I find your "find 3rd teams....blah blah blah" comment so far out there that I'm not going to even discuss CFB with you any longer this season. Dude your crazy and you need to cut back on the crack!!

HD MM said:
Sending kids onto the NFL doesn't win you Conference Titles. Don't be such a homer and quit living in the past. As it stands right now, Miami is a mediocre school. Don't take that as an insult. Take it as the truth. I can name a boatload of schools that would be a more desirable location for Chucky.

This is all part of my reasoning in why I don't think Chucky will go to the U. It's a demotion. That would be like the CEO of Wal-Mart taking a position as a bag-boy for the store. Just doesn't make sense!

The program is on of the best in the country.....the results have been mediocre. Big difference. But, you need to get in your jabs because ....who knows what...knock yourself out.

You are the VERY last person to call ANYONE a homer.... ROFLMAO...!!!

dvrexpander said:
I find your "find 3rd teams....blah blah blah" comment so far out there that I'm not going to even discuss CFB with you any longer this season. Dude your crazy and you need to cut back on the crack!!

LMAO....did you not challenge entire board here with finding teams that can beat your Hokies or whomever...?!

The program is on of the best in the country.....the results have been mediocre. Big difference. But, you need to get in your jabs because ....who knows what...knock yourself out.

You are the VERY last person to call ANYONE a homer.... ROFLMAO...!!!

Looks like someone should take off their green and orange colored glasses and stop living in the 90's. :eek:

HD MM said:
Looks like someone should take off their green and orange colored glasses and stop living in the 90's. :eek:

Very few here are as critical as I am about me teams.

Weren't you the same person that wrote some kinda love letter to a certain basketball player in a playoffs thread a year back ...?!

Yeah.....I am a homer.... LOL!

LMAO....did you not challenge entire board here with finding teams that can beat your Hokies or whomever...?!

I didn't give no challenge.. I simply asked for a few choices based on a few requests and none could be filled without someone pulling the Alabama card to avoid some sort of reference from a game played just last year. You wish to give me a choice of two 3 loss teams that could beat VT that VT hasn't played in the last 3 years then by all means I'll be glad to explore the differences in a nice and cool manner aside what you've already givin me here on the forums.

South Carolina, Texas AnM,

Id bet Miss St, would give them a run for there money also, they are a good team.

How about 2 loss teams (which VTech is one)? The list of teams that could beat Vtech is staggering.

I do not think it is official EITHER way....

Jon Gruden 'definitely still is in play' to become Miami Hurricanes coach

8:52 p.m. EST, November 30, 2010

CORAL GABLES — Former NFL coach Jon Gruden becoming the next coach of the Miami Hurricanes "definitely still is in play," a UM source with knowledge of the situation said Tuesday.

According to the source, discussions have continued between the two sides even though Gruden released a statement through ESPN Sunday night that, "I am committed to 'Monday Night Football' and to ESPN."

Gruden, 47, won a Super Bowl as coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers before he was fired in 2008 and became a TV analyst. He previously coached the Oakland Raiders.

According to the source, Gruden and Miami have yet to agree upon the length of a contract and there's concern on UM's part about Gruden, who has limited college experience, jumping to the NFL. Money doesn't appear to be an issue in negotiations, the source said. Gruden initiated contact with UM a few weeks before athletic director Kirby Hocutt fired Randy Shannon on Saturday night.

According to the source, Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen likely would be the Hurricanes' next choice if an agreement isn't reached with Gruden.

Jon Gruden: Jon Gruden 'definitely still is in play' to become Miami Hurricanes coach - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

"A UM source with knowledge"!!!!!!!????????

LMAO! As a journalism major, I'm insulted as to the "sources" that are allowed to be used in print media these days. Insulted I tell you!

South Carolina, Texas AnM,

Id bet Miss St, would give them a run for there money also, they are a good team.

How about 2 loss teams (which VTech is one)? The list of teams that could beat Vtech is staggering.

You offer up teams now but with nothing to stand behind them.. any givin sunday could tell otherwise and your only giving speculation so I guess we shall leave it at that.

LMAO!! Your honor....I rest my case...;)
Jumped right on his bandwagon there didn't ya... too bad your Miami team got pounded on at home by a VT team that you think is no good. ... i rest my case ... ;)

Jon Gruden 'definitely still is in play' to become Miami Hurricanes coach

I still don't think Gruden would be a good choice here and he's came out and said twice now he isn't leaving ESPN so I'm really unsure why Miami is pushing the way they are. Mullen seems like a likely choice which I wouldn't be surprised if Miss St wants to keep him they haven't called him in yet to offer up more money or whatever. Mike Leach would be a good choice for Miami, he had winning seasons at TT and is even living in Florida right now.

dvrexpander said:
Jumped right on his bandwagon there didn't ya... too bad your Miami team got pounded on at home by a VT team that you think is no good. ... i rest my case ... ;)

No I rest case because you denied the so called challenge you put on the board. The U season is done. If you need to pump yourself up by stating that your Hokies "pounded" the U....you gotta do what yah gotta do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts