Report: Jon Gruden close to becoming head coach of the U

Look at the history of a program when they change coaches and you know coaches change their style... It could have a downward effect on the team prior to it coming sharply back up. I didn't say under .500, not sure where your reading that but it sounds as if your sticking words in my mouth to feed your anger for Miami coming up short this year, no that's not what I'm saying. As for South Florida having a leg up over the U... YES THEY DO, they won in your rival game this year = leg up. Rival games are very important when it comes to recruiting and now you have no head coach for recruits to feed from when you sure do with Holtz at the helm in South Florida. So.... once again I didn't pull anything out of my a$$ but you sure made yourself look like one when you became very critical of me with those statements.

The team is just above .500...so if you make the assumption that thy will be worse...then you are saying they will be at or below .500. The college ranks is not like the NFL that you can trade or release. You get rid of that kid and you loose that scholarship....no replacement. The new coaches that come into good teams take advantage of the talent they have their. The PERFECT example is when Larry Coker. He took over a extremely talented team left behind by Butch Davis. And was there a let down? Ah, try undefeated and one terrible PI call away from winning back-to-back national championships. The 2001 team is consider by many as one of the greatest college football team ever. SO that notion that there of a downward performance of a team is ONLY true if there is no talent.

That is not the case here at The U. Your OWN VaTech coach, Jim Beamer stated in pre-game interveiw with 560-WQAM before the game between VaTech and Miami that THIS CURRENT team has the best talent he has seen at The U in a decade.

As for South Florida....a leg up? Rivalry? They have only played 3 games IN THEIR HISTORY. What "leg" do they have up with? IF a kid down here is being heavily recruited by BOTH schools...you actually think THIS win is going to make him chose a decent school with a football history of nothing or a traditional NATION power??!!

You are crazy....batsh** crazy....LOL!

That is not the case here at The U. Your OWN VaTech coach, Jim Beamer stated in pre-game interveiw with 560-WQAM before the game between VaTech and Miami that THIS CURRENT team has the best talent he has seen at The U in a decade.

As for South Florida....a leg up? Rivalry? They have only played 3 games IN THEIR HISTORY. What "leg" do they have up with? IF a kid down here is being heavily recruited by BOTH schools...you actually think THIS win is going to make him chose a decent school with a football history of nothing or a traditional NATION power??!!

You are crazy....batsh** crazy....LOL!

First off you don't know what your talking about.. your crazy cause for one not JIM Beamer.. FRANK BEAMER!! LOL and yes South Florida now has a leg up as of right now winning over them last week..its as simple as that. Your miami recruits are now going to be a problem... commits are uncertain and here is a nice article to spell it all out for you.

Miami commits uncertain after firing of Randy Shannon - ESPN

Salsa, I hear Rich Rodriguez will be looking for a head coaching position soon. I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist!!! Seriously, I wouldn't wish this guy on my worst enemy....well, OK...Ohio State perhaps, but I would have to be in one hateful mood. :devil:

Salsa, I hear Rich Rodriguez will be looking for a head coaching position soon. I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist!!! Seriously, I wouldn't wish this guy on my worst enemy....well, OK...Ohio State perhaps, but I would have to be in one hateful mood. :devil:
:eek::eek::facepalm

First off you don't know what your talking about.. your crazy cause for one not JIM Beamer.. FRANK BEAMER!! LOL and yes South Florida now has a leg up as of right now winning over them last week..its as simple as that. Your miami recruits are now going to be a problem... commits are uncertain and here is a nice article to spell it all out for you.

Miami commits uncertain after firing of Randy Shannon - ESPN

Slip of the key board. Maybe I do need a Jum Beam drink after reading to your psycho babble. They do not have "leg up". So you are telling me that because James Madison smacked you guys around, they have the leg up on recruiting....??!! Yeah, who sounds like they been hitting the bottle now? LMAO!

And hey Mr. Intelligence....the recruits link you posted have to do with Randy being FIRED...NOT LOSING TO South Florida.:rolleyes:

You are lost in space.

Slip of the key board. Maybe I do need a Jim Beam drink after reading to your psycho babble. They do not have "leg up". So you are telling me that because James Madison smacked you guys around, they have the leg up on recruiting....??!! Yeah, who sounds like they been hitting the bottle now? LMAO!

And hey Mr. Intelligence....the recruits link you posted have to do with Randy being FIRED...NOT LOSING TO South Florida.:rolleyes:

You are lost in space.

IF he took the job, it because he has full support of the faculty and has a very under achieving football team that HE KNOWS they can win. It's a small private school ....Florida State and and Florida have more alumni IN Miami than The U have in the entire STATE. They do not get as much alumni money as the state schools like FSU, UF or even FIU.
WOW very bad move for the U!! I mean they do realize Shannon cleaned up the U and now they are number 3 in the nation as far as player graduating!! With Gruden at the helm there goes the academics good luck to the kids there to learn!

I don't see him taking a college job at all. It would be the NFL or nothing.

Personally, I don't see Gruden coaching college. He's already coached the best of the best in the National Football League. Why would he want to take a demotion to coach a mediocre college program? It makes absolutely ZERO sense. And as far as I'm concerned, it's a wild rumor and nothing more than wishful thinking on Miami's part.

Personally, I don't see Gruden coaching college. He's already coached the best of the best in the National Football League. Why would he want to take a demotion to coach a mediocre college program? It makes absolutely ZERO sense. And as far as I'm concerned, it's a wild rumor and nothing more than wishful thinking on Miami's part.

Well you never know, but I agree Gruden just seems like an NFL lifer. When his name came up for Notre Dame I could almost see that, as Notre Dame is a college program unlike any other out there. It's just different.

This could be an attempt by the Gruden camp to get his name out there so that NFL teams take notice.

Good to have you back HD...we missed ya!!!

Sandra

Slip of the key board. Maybe I do need a Jum Beam drink after reading to your psycho babble. They do not have "leg up". So you are telling me that because James Madison smacked you guys around, they have the leg up on recruiting....??!! Yeah, who sounds like they been hitting the bottle now? LMAO!

You are lost in space.

babble huh.... your not looking at the whole picture and I don't expect you to either. Miami's head coach is gone, usually the one that the recruits are looking at. Many others in the state prob watched that final season game against S Florida and I can assure you that speaks volumes to a recruit much like any other in state game which Miami already got beat by FSU so yeah S Florida has a leg up. As for your James Madison come back... typical but do you really think a FCS school has a leg up on anything... it was a fluke win and anyone following CFB can see that, hell I was there it wasn't the best atmosphere to be in even while they were winning. So I'm lost in space.. dude your just lost in Homerville.

BlackHitachi said:
WOW very bad move for the U!! I mean they do realize Shannon cleaned up the U and now they are number 3 in the nation as far as player graduating!! With Gruden at the helm there goes the academics good luck to the kids there to learn!

But that team has not improved one bit with him as coach. Face it....some guys are just not good head coaches. He was a GREAT man and an awesome RECRUITER...but a bad.coach. They had this amazing stat during the Miami-South Florida game that said it all.... In the 3 years he was head coach, The U had something like over 60 ESPN top 150 recruits player for the U...and only 3 players for South Florida....and their records were EXACTLY the same.

dvrexpander said:
babble huh.... your not looking at the whole picture and I don't expect you to either. Miami's head coach is gone, usually the one that the recruits are looking at. Many others in the state prob watched that final season game against S Florida and I can assure you that speaks volumes to a recruit much like any other in state game which Miami already got beat by FSU so yeah S Florida has a leg up. As for your James Madison come back... typical but do you really think a FCS school has a leg up on anything... it was a fluke win and anyone following CFB can see that, hell I was there it wasn't the best atmosphere to be in even while they were winning. So I'm lost in space.. dude your just lost in Homerville.

I am lost in homerville...aren't you the same one that states this ridiculous challenge of "find 3rd teams that can beat your Hokies with 2 or 3 losses that have players born on leap year and all have their defensive backs with 6 toes a pieces" or something as ridiculous as that? Or are you saying that South Florida win will be a "constant" and not a "fluke win" like the VaTech loss?!

Yeah...who is lost in homerville now ??!! LOL!!!!

You....not I stated that because of that 1st time ever loss to South Florida...that they have a leg up on Miami. So NOW you are telling that same thing does NOT apply to your Hokies...??!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)