Report: Michigan Players Allege NCAA Violations

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
OK, I said it when they hired him, and just about every week during the 2008 season, get rid of Coach Douche Doffus who led Michigan to their first losing season in 40-years. Apparently, all that extra practice didn't help! This IS NOT the way to run the Michigan football program Douche!

Source

Report: Michigan Players Allege NCAA Violations

Several Michigan football players claim the program regularly violates NCAA rules limiting how much time they can spend on training and practice sessions, according to a published report.

Players from the 2008 and 2009 teams told the Detroit Free Press for a story published on the newspaper's Web site on Saturday that the amount of time they spend on football activities during the season and in the offseason greatly exceeds the limits. The players spoke to the newspaper on condition of anonymity because they feared repercussions from coaches.

Coach Rich Rodriguez and the university's compliance director, Judy Van Horn, both denied that the football program was violating NCAA rules.

Fully Story

From the story that I read on freep.com, they contacted something like a half dozen players, both current and former and got virtually the exact same story. Either the players got together and agreed to a story, or Rodriguez's staff is lying. Michigan would do well to find out ASAP and clear house if this story it true. If information comes out piece by piece and Michigan fights for Rodriguez while it happens, the NCAA will be brutal.

I believe the players.
This has always been the norm, via the "voluntary practice" route, for all the big-time programs. What's unusual is how willing the Michigan players are to toss Coach Douche and his Douchettes under the bus.

I too believe the players. What they are really asking for is leadership, guidance and consistency from the coaching staff. There is no way well-coached team would inspire this level of crybabyism. Three-and-nice ain't gonna cut it at Michigan. Time to correct the mistake before we have a repeat of last year.

We have never had any major infractions in this program, if this is how he's going to run things, his career will be short in AA.

It could it be former player from the former coaching regime that either got no playing time or getting no playing time that just making this up to get rid of a coach they do not like? I mean he has no history that I have found of dubious infractions...I mean I know we live in a society where you are guilty until proven innocent, but should we wait till all the facts come out AFTER an investigation?:confused:

It could it be former player from the former coaching regime that either got no playing time or getting no playing time that just making this up to get rid of a coach they do not like? I mean he has no history that I have found of dubious infractions...I mean I know we live in a society where you are guilty until proven innocent, but should we wait till all the facts come out AFTER an investigation?:confused:
Big time boosters don't live in your innocent until proven guilty world. The fact that Michigan went 3-9 last year is crime enough. Add that to the fact that Rodriguez ran off many of Michigan's top players by switching to a spread offense, and now this story, I would guess that the temperture under his seat has to be getting pretty hot. A loss to Notre Dame early on this year might warrant a call to the fire department. I said back when they hired Rodriguez that this would go down like Bill Callahan's tenure at Nebraska when he threw out the option there. So far Rodriguez seems to be on schedule.

Big time boosters don't live in your innocent until proven guilty world. The fact that Michigan went 3-9 last year is crime enough. Add that to the fact that Rodriguez ran off many of Michigan's top players by switching to a spread offense, and now this story, I would guess that the temperture under his seat has to be getting pretty hot. A loss to Notre Dame early on this year might warrant a call to the fire department. I said back when they hired Rodriguez that this would go down like Bill Callahan's tenure at Nebraska when he threw out the option there. So far Rodriguez seems to be on schedule.

This coming out has NOTHING to do with boosters. Until there is an investigation show one side or another....you are just farting in the wind.

You Sir are a genius! :hatsoff:

This smells just like when IU hired Samson, they KNEW exactly what they were getting when he was hired. Anyone who ever observed WVU's games knew there was nothing beneath this guy's dignity. :(

RR was the worst hire in the decade. Michigan sells it soul to hire some guy who had moderate success at a school where, really, it is failure not to win every conference game, his school being the only legit program in a mid-major league of lightweight cupcakes. And a guy who already was exposed as a cheat, both in terms of sending out spys to other teams' practices, to the same indescretion as Mr. Pitino, except with a younger female (19). And an obvious NCAA recruiting violator to boot.

Now he is suddenly in a league where many, actually most, programs are big time. He has no clue.

RR was the worst hire in the decade. Michigan sells it soul to hire some guy who had moderate success at a school where, really, it is failure not to win every conference game, his school being the only legit program in a mid-major league of lightweight cupcakes. And a guy who already was exposed as a cheat, both in terms of sending out spys to other teams' practices, to the same indescretion as Mr. Pitino, except with a younger female (19). And an obvious NCAA recruiting violator to boot.

Now he is suddenly in a league where many, actually most, programs are big time. He has no clue.

That is nothing new....LOL! All coaches do this, they call it "advance scouting" ...LOL! The good ones know how to do it with discretion.

This stuff happens all the time, but the players don't talk about it.

Unfortunately Michigan has burned bridges with some players, I'm guessing.

I'm sure the paperwork will indicate all this extra time was "optional" activities and everything will be fine in Michigan this year, assuming they win some games.

This stuff happens all the time, but the players don't talk about it.

Unfortunately Michigan has burned bridges with some players, I'm guessing.

I'm sure the paperwork will indicate all this extra time was "optional" activities and everything will be fine in Michigan this year, assuming they win some games.
The players loved Coach Carr. Although my nephew had a 5th year of eligibility, he left the program when he graduated last spring because he didn't wish to play for RR.

Offhand, I don't know if these allegations are true or false...but I know the players wouldn't be making them if they had one ounce of respect for RR.

Last edited:
Do tell. I've never heard that one.

Yep. Took up with a soph. cheerleader. Openly living with her in a hotel. She drove around town in one of the school's fleet of "coach cars" (an Benz, no less). Left tickets for her as his "niece". Mrs. Rod tossed his stuff to the curb. Apparently made it up in the same way Kobe did (big ring).

Whether he inpregnated her is an open question. Most people accept that he did.

I don't know who to believe these days. Seems everybody lies.

Nope, not everybody. There are plenty of coaches that have never ran into problems with rules or got the school put on probation. Saying its ok cause "everyone does it" is just a childish excuse for bad behavior.

You are right, there are many more that don't than who do. I hope you aren't not inferring I said it was ok, because I didn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts