Report: Michigan Players Allege NCAA Violations

The more I read about this, the more I understand that this "violation" pretty much happens everywhere. I'm not going to get too excited about this just yet.

After playing college football (small time) and working in college football (big time), this story just seems like a "duh" moment. College football is basically a full-time job with classes scattered in-between, even though some of it is 'voluntary'. Sounds like Michigan players just don't like the coach, and they know this is a way to get to him.

The State of Meatchicken should be praising this guy.

Last year, they didn't qualify for a Bowl game for the first time in over 3 decades! The Maize and Blue won 3 games last year, 2 in the Big Ten. Michigan has lost 5 straight to THE Ohio State University. That is unacceptable in UofM country. I'd work my boys tough too. I just want to know who the little pansy was who ratted Coach Rod out?

After playing college football (small time) and working in college football (big time), this story just seems like a "duh" moment. College football is basically a full-time job with classes scattered in-between, even though some of it is 'voluntary'. Sounds like Michigan players just don't like the coach, and they know this is a way to get to him.

we have ourselves a winner!:up

That may be true, but if the allegations are correct then Michigan went way over the line. The NCAA requires one full day off, usually the day after a game. Rodriguez was having players lift weights for hours on Sundays, and then spend many more hours watching film. That's a big difference between going 30 mins over the alloted time for a random practice, which likely happens everywhere. Either way, what is clear is that Michigan has a divided locker room, and that spells trouble. Rodriguez is a dead man walking IMO. If I were a Michigan booster who cares what excuses he gives? The Wolverines are worse than Indiana and Northwestern these days, and that is unacceptable. I'd be focusing on sweeting the offer they made to Les Miles a couple of years ago.

That may be true, but if the allegations are correct then Michigan went way over the line. The NCAA requires one full day off, usually the day after a game. Rodriguez was having players lift weights for hours on Sundays, and then spend many more hours watching film. That's a big difference between going 30 mins over the alloted time for a random practice, which likely happens everywhere. Either way, what is clear is that Michigan has a divided locker room, and that spells trouble. Rodriguez is a dead man walking IMO. If I were a Michigan booster who cares what excuses he gives? The Wolverines are worse than Indiana and Northwestern these days, and that is unacceptable. I'd be focusing on sweeting the offer they made to Les Miles a couple of years ago.

IF they are true....again, wait before an investigation has come up with SOMETHING....ANYTHING first before everyone starts their usual armchair quarterbacking....

Sounds like Michigan players just don't like the coach, and they know this is a way to get to him.

This is the point. The players are smarter than the administrators. They were recruited to one of the historic great teams. The Big 10. The Big House. Maize and Blue. Hail to the Victors. 105000 full seats. A Michigan Man is going to coach Michigan. Class.

Then they bring in some guy who won a mid-major league who had a little success playing the likes of Louisville, Cincinnati, Rutgers, and Temple. Three "good" years in a league where his team is supposed to win every game. A guy with personal life issues, NCAA issues, and most importantly, who never acomplished much, since he turned the team over to a guy who failed at VMI and spent 14 years as an assistant in the CFL and they still won. Anyone could. All the good teams left the league.

This is Jerry Faust. Bill Callahan.

This guy is so far over his head in the big time, he cannot see the surface. It is going to get far worse, Michigan.

This is the point. The players are smarter than the administrators. They were recruited to one of the historic great teams. The Big 10. The Big House. Maize and Blue. Hail to the Victors. 105000 full seats. A Michigan Man is going to coach Michigan. Class.

Then they bring in some guy who won a mid-major league who had a little success playing the likes of Louisville, Cincinnati, Rutgers, and Temple. Three "good" years in a league where his team is supposed to win every game. A guy with personal life issues, NCAA issues, and most importantly, who never acomplished much, since he turned the team over to a guy who failed at VMI and spent 14 years as an assistant in the CFL and they still won. Anyone could. All the good teams left the league.

This is Jerry Faust. Bill Callahan.

This guy is so far over his head in the big time, he cannot see the surface. It is going to get far worse, Michigan.

So what you are saying is...UNLESS a coach has not coached a big time program in the Big Ten...then he does not deserve to coach because of lack of experience? Sorry to burst your bubble, but West Virginia has a very long football tradition...not as big as Michigan Football....but this is not Weslyan University of the Sacred Heart. The Big East is not a very good football conference NOW, but they were once LOADED with teams like Miami, Boston College, Syracuse, Pitt and Virginia Tech. And that "mid-major league" was as good as ANY FOOTBALL conference in the country and BETTER than the Big Ten.

And they wonder WHY people dislike the Big 10...er 11...whatever it is these days. Because ALOT(not all) of their fans think no other conference exist BUT theirs. Hell, if it weren't for ESPN kissing their a$$e$$ for the last 15 years, they might still be heavily known only in the midwest.

So what you are saying is...UNLESS a coach has not coached a big time program in the Big Ten...then he does not deserve to coach because of lack of experience? Sorry to burst your bubble, but West Virginia has a very long football tradition...not as big as Michigan Football....but this is not Weslyan University of the Sacred Heart. The Big East is not a very good football conference NOW, but they were once LOADED with teams like Miami, Boston College, Syracuse, Pitt and Virginia Tech. And that "mid-major league" was as good as ANY FOOTBALL conference in the country and BETTER than the Big Ten.

And they wonder WHY people dislike the Big 10...er 11...whatever it is these days. Because ALOT(not all) of their fans think no other conference exist BUT theirs. Hell, if it weren't for ESPN kissing their a$$e$$ for the last 15 years, they might still be heavily known only in the midwest.

LMAO! Really, like Salsa said! The Mountaineers used to be a historic program.

BTW, where does Sam think Bobby Bowden made a name for himself??? Hint... the team resides in Morgantown! Before that, he was just a lowly WR's coach.

LMAO! Really, like Salsa said! The Mountaineers used to be a historic program.

BTW, where does Sam think Bobby Bowden made a name for himself??? Hint... the team resides in Morgantown! Before that, he was just a lowly WR's coach.

And I am NOT, REPEAT, NOT comparing Rodriguez to Jim Tressel...but WHAT big name college HE coach at before the Big Ten??!! He has turned out "pretty well"...after coming from thet MAJOR division I football program in Youngstown State....:rolleyes:

I wonder if this has divided the Michigan locker room at all.

I wouldn't doubt it....I am sure ALL still left from the Carr recruiting class must think they will get ZERO playing time under the new guy. I am almost willing to bet there are NO GUYS that were recruited by Rodriguez, crying about this today.

But again, until an thorough investigation is done....I TOO am just farting in the wind...;)

Interesting read by Jay Mariotti...

Since I can’t get enough of this situation: “How does a storied mystique, built and buffed over the better part of four decades, implode in just one year? Michigan football has been an esteemed slice of maize-and-blue Americana, all about winged helmets and “The Victors,” home to a stadium so massive and breathtaking that it stands alone in lore as The Big House. Even when Notre Dame waned, we could entrust the Wolverines to remain a gold-standard pillar in college football. Right? Until Rich Rodriguez arrived, that is.”

With Michigan in Crisis, Rich Rodriguez Won't Last -- FanHouse

But again, until an thorough investigation is done....I TOO am just farting in the wind...;)
Sorry to burst your bubble but in the real world people don't wait around for investigations, appeals, decisions by the Supreme Court, etc. The real world moves as fast as the stock market. Today you're hot. Tomorrow you're not. Rodriguez is screwed. Things will only get worse, and then Michigan will decide they've had enough. They will bounce back, but not with Forrest Gump on the sidelines.

Sorry to burst your bubble but in the real world people don't wait around for investigations, appeals, decisions by the Supreme Court, etc. The real world moves as fast as the stock market. Today you're hot. Tomorrow you're not. Rodriguez is screwed. Things will only get worse, and then Michigan will decide they've had enough. They will bounce back, but not with Forrest Gump on the sidelines.

Sorry to burst YOUR bubble, but IF there is no just cause to possibly fire him without an investigation....he can sue the sh** out of the University for breach of contract. In the real world, you better have PROOF that he was involved in some capacity of wrongdoing if you plan on letting him go or some kind of reprimand because the last thing the university needs after a crappy season is litigation. In a situation where the university might get sued, boosters and backers will have to shut there mouthes and wait.

Sorry to burst YOUR bubble, but IF there is no just cause to possibly fire him without an investigation....he can sue the sh** out of the University for breach of contract. In the real world, you better have PROOF that he was involved in some capacity of wrongdoing if you plan on letting him go or some kind of reprimand because the last thing the university needs after a crappy season is litigation. In a situation where the university might get sued, boosters and backers will have to shut there mouthes and wait.

Since when do you need an excuse to fire somebody? It happens all the time in sports.

You aren't winning... BOOM.... "your fired". No excuse needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)