Report: When iPad 3 is Released, Apple Could Offer iPad 2 For as Low as $299

If Apple offers the iPad 2 for $299 and keeps the iPad 3 entry at $499 I would definitely get the iPad 2 as that price would be hard to pass up.

Sadly, for me, the real question is what will a top of the line 3G/4G iPad Next cost, with extra bells and whistles? My wife, you see, is very interested...........
;)

BTW, I love your "herding cats" signature. Every time I see it, I remember that (EDS?) commercial years back, with the cowboys, cats, scratches being fixed up, etc. One of the all time great commercials, in my book.

Last edited:
Sadly, for me, the real question is what will a top of the line 3G/4G iPad Next cost, with extra bells and whistles? My wife, you see, is very interested...........
;)

BTW, I love your "herding cats" signature. Every time I see it, I remember that (EDS?) commercial years back, with the cowboys, cats, scratches being fixed up, etc. One of the all time great commercials, in my book.

I don't know if we are guaranteed that the iPad 3 will have a 4G radio. I haven't seen much on that rumor. It makes sense, but I haven't seen anything.

LOL about the signature. I used to use an avatar from the commercial. :)

I kinda doubt it will have 4G, esp for AT&T. But maybe. Maybe it will be one tier higher, with an announced later availability date.

Probably gonna know in 2 or 3 months.

The new Broadcom chips with LTE support that Apple wants to use aren't supposed to be ready until 2nd quarter. I think we will see LTE support in the iPhone 5 first.

You dont need to get the 3g for gps you can just get this add on, my friend who is a pilot says it works great uses it for his flight navigation software.

Amazon.com: Bad Elf GPS Receiver for iPod touch, iPhone, iPad (66-channel, SBAS/WAAS, 10Hz): GPS & Navigation

Wow, I'd be afraid of snapping that dongle right out of the iPad. Kinda funny too that in order to get GPS on a non-3G iPad... could could spend $100+ on an addon... or spend $100 more to begin with on the iPad :p

I want to know what it will do new that ipad2 couldn't.

There is still one thing holding me back from making my laptop obsolete on trips. I need a much better e-mail app with spam and phish rejection. Need Outlook running on ipad 3.

There is still one thing holding me back from making my laptop obsolete on trips. I need a much better e-mail app with spam and phish rejection. Need Outlook running on ipad 3.

Doubt you'll get Outlook for iPad. I have zero complaints with mail.app. Run three accounts through it.

If they drop the prices too much on the old ones they will successfully make the current customers even more angry by killing the ability to sell their old device for a decent amount. If I can only get $100-200 for something I paid $600 for a year ago, I'll just keep it and be angry, instead of buying the new shiny one.

Make the fanbois drool more; be harder to jailbreak; some off-the-wall app exclusive to the new device and useful to 1% of users but wanted by 99% of them for some unfathomable reason. (LTE and high res screen are of course desirable to a good number of people)

Not the easiest solution, but you can poke TCP3389 through your firewall to your desktop pc and use any number of available RDP apps. That works now on existing iPads and iPhones.

Also, like rockymtn said, the existing app works great, I have two Exchange servers and a couple of others on mine. Only complaint I've had so far is difficulty/inability to attach multiple things to an email.

**If you have problems with spam and phish you need to fix that at the provider, not on the portable device (rant: wish I could find a good hosted barracuda service at extremely cheap price).

Multi-user profiles and ability to integrate with Windows domains and store user data in Windows shares would be interesting to me, could use a few of these in my corporate environment if such features were available.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts