"Reported attack site"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 9:29 PM ET one of the SatGuys pages tried to download a file using Chrome...not sure what the original file name was since Chrome was asking to save it as a .crdownload file. Needless to say, I didn't save/download it.

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for www.satelliteguys.us

What is the current listing status for www.satelliteguys.us?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 96 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 8 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-12-23, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-12-23.
Malicious software includes 2 exploit(s).

Malicious software is hosted on 3 domain(s), including bono.is-found.org/, erikss.dyndns-at-home.com/, rltk.us/.

2 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including openx.net/, rltk.us/.

This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS32244 (LIQUID), AS15169 (Google Internet Backbone).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, www.satelliteguys.us did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:
Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.
Updated 3 hours ago
© Google - Google Home

Mike read above.

I fixed the homepage so it no longer says the holiday party is tonight. :)

Was hard to do as we turned off FTP on the server. Had to upload it to another server then suck it over to this server. :D

that is what you you get for running that bs......
If we dont run ads then there is no site. It's as simple as that.

We are now serving almost 300 million pageviews a month, with a half million unique IP addresses being served.

Not cheap unfortunately.

Just received the "Reported attack site" warning page-- using Firefox 17--clicked on "take me outta here" and ended up at Google search.

I could not access with Firefox--wrote this message in IE9

If we dont run ads then there is no site. It's as simple as that.

We are now serving almost 300 million pageviews a month, with a half million unique IP addresses being served.

Not cheap unfortunately.

I feel you, but seems there would be a way to screen out the bs......I am pretty sure the ad's are causing my script errors....I would think you are putting a few bucks in your pocket as well, as you should for all the headaches involved in running a popular site such as this.....
hopefully I will be able to join the pub, but like many, times are a little tight right now......

thanks for a great site, you filled a void when "different" sat sites went away...

have a great Christmas and New Year brother......

Mack

A lot of the ads served to us come from 3rd party servers and that's where the problem comes from. Normally the ad agencies screen the ads coming from those servers but they are on auto pilot for the holidays.

Same thing happened last year unfortunately. :(

Getting it with Safari...
Same thing here with my Mac. Also, if you search for SatelliteGuys in Google, they warn you that the Search Results point to a site that may harm you computer.

Using Firefox,first hit" ignore warning" then on next page hit "this is not an attack site",then when it opens "stop badware" in another tab (which I don't use tabs) close the tab and then your back to normal.

Been noticing Google stuff has been doing a lot of endless searching for something here lately.Hit the stop button and it goes away until you change pages and it starts all over again.
Hope this makes some sort of sense :D

FF still showing the warning,I ignored and went to the stop bad ware page,finally got back in here.Not too concerned atm as I am running on a linux box but,from the sounds of it Windows could be vulnerable.

I just talked to David Bott, and it looks like DBSTalk has been hit with the same thing. I told him how to fix it and hopefully they can get Google to rescan them as fast as they did us. In fact as I visit DBSTalk now I get the red warning screen in Chrome.

I just talked to David Bott, and it looks like DBSTalk has been hit with the same thing. I told him how to fix it and hopefully they can get Google to rescan them as fast as they did us. In fact as I visit DBSTalk now I get the red warning screen in Chrome.

same thing on Firefox (going there)

So far it is looking like one of the ad servers was doing something funky...

I turned that one off for the moment.

Still looking.
Scott. I was over on dbstalk.com and in the middle of my visit, google chrome gave the very same warning.
Perhaps some hacker(s) have a hard on for tv related sites/forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts