Status
Not open for further replies.

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
Just received a "reported attack site" notice from Google, for Satelliteguys.us. I was in a thread in the FTA section, looking at satellite dish picture attachments for this MUZAK dish at the time. http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/295034-Need-info-on-this-dish

That notice popped up, and it blew me out of there and wouldn't let me back. I opened a different tab to report this here, in case there's something odd like a trojan, or false positive in one of those dish pics.

P.s. I'm running Firefox 17.0.1

Last edited:
I got the same message. The only way I could get in is to "Proceed at your own risk". My browser is also Google Chrome.

Ditto here. Details.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 92 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 8 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-12-23, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-12-23.
Malicious software includes 2 exploit(s).

Malicious software is hosted on 3 domain(s), including bono.is-found.org/, erikss.dyndns-at-home.com/, rltk.us/.

2 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including openx.net/, rltk.us/.

This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS32244 (LIQUID), AS15169 (Google Internet Backbone).

So far it is looking like one of the ad servers was doing something funky...

I turned that one off for the moment.

Still looking.

The issue appears to be a nationwide issue for those serving ads from OpenX.

Our server has been scanned and has not found anything. I am running a second check now as well as disabling OpenX served ads.

Not seen anything browsing around the site the last few minutes.

just got the warning and after I proceeded I now have the X-Mas format so thought it had to do with that ;)

All the OpenX served ads are currently turned off.

Seems like this happens around the holidays when no one is working at the ad agencies because of the Holiday.

Google Chrome will continue to show it until Google rescans the site.

I have requested a rescan from google but it may take up to 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts