Reputable Dealers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Videoviewer

Original poster
Mar 5, 2013
Southwest
I want to buy my first FTA system (package: receiver, dish, motor, lnb, installation hardware, cables, etc.). I think I know what brand of receiver and size dish I want.

The problem is, that while searching around the internet, I'm seeing horror stories about sellers of "knock-off/fake" equipment brands and buyers that don't get the named items that they ordered.

I don't want to get stuck with a receiver that dies after a few weeks of use or a motor that burns out, prematurely.

Can anybody on this forum name a few legitimate dealers of FTA equipment that they were happy buying from?
And those dealers that have complete packages for sale?

Thank you, Dan.
I did e-mail them and they told me they don't sell motors for their dishes. They referred me to this forum.
Anyone else, you can suggest?

Sadoun also sells the microHD receiver manufactured by SatelliteAV.
I would recommend the PLL LNBF from SatelliteAV. (also sold by Sadoun)
In another thread, someone posted an eBay deal (incl 36" dish) from SatAV with everything but the motor.
Think it included some cables, and shipping.

I won't disagree that the DG-280 & -380 motors Sadoun sells are good.
But if you are looking for a suggestion, it'd be STAB brand, either HH90 or HH100 model.
They are harder to find, and consequently more expensive, but arguably the best.

edit:
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
Here's a good bare minimum system: http://www.ebay.com/itm/GEOSATpro-m...US_Satellite_TV_Receivers&hash=item1c304e40e7

Start with that, and if you like it, you can add a motor later.
[/FONT]

I have been having good luck with Hypermegasat. Whenever I order something it gets here in a day or two, which is amazing turnaround.

I'm sorry to say that Sadoun had many bad reviews on resellerratings.com, so I'll take Scott's suggestion and take a look at Hypermegasat.

Also, I'll look for that STAB brand that Anole mentioned. For receivers, MicroHD looked good as well as Openbox 9.

I'm still open for more suggestions.

Designer/Developer support for the microHD is right here: microHD Discussion (That, in itself is worth something)For the Openbox it's only user to user*. No mfg support. (And, is there any 'real' S9's left in the market? Think by now they're all clones)
*Took a year after purchase, to finally get "reasonably well performing' firmware on mine. I believe it was due to a European 'third party' modifying the factory firm, that made it 'work'. Just as many remaining bugs as the Pansat9200 has(had), just different. Anybody else have to reset their S9-10-11-12 clock after a few days?? (At least it, kinda, works)
Now there's X series Openboxes - Thread here:Openbox X5 receiver (Seems it's a new model every month or so)
Hyper - SatAV - My 'short' list.

I have done business with Sadoun several times with no problem. I purchased 2.4 meter dish, DG380 motor and LNBs over the past few years. I can also reccomend Rick's Satellite and SatAV.

The best deal around for a complete system without a motor is satav's deal on ebay for $199 shipped. (MicroHD 90Cm and SL-1)

Don't buy a sg2100 from hyper you will be sorry. Get a DG380 from sadoun.

The only problem I have with Sadoun so far, is the packages are always beat all to hell by the time they arrive at my house. Sometimes they've done nothing more than just tape the retail box shut, slapped a label on it, and shipped it!

Sat Av,then Hypermegasat, then Sadoun if no one else has it..I personally wouldn't deal with Ricks. I must say back when last ordered a motor Sadoun was the only one that had one though. Also agree with Wallyhts comment on motors.

other vendors

I don't think I've bought from Hypermegasat, but have monitored their reputation here on the forum.
Haven't heard anything bad.
I believe they're selling the DMSI 2100 motor, and I wouldn't take one for free!
But let's not blame Hyper for that.

edit: I removed a paragraph about one dealer, after receiving new info about them.

I recently went looking for a specific DMSI LNBF, and found it on what I think was a former hack-friendly site: FridgeFTA .com
I placed one small order, and was impressed with their paperwork and quick delivery.

It pays to check (shipped) prices. I do.

Last edited:
There is another DMSI dealer I've been satisfied with: IvyStonePlace .com
They just have DMSI drop ship to you

DMSI, Drop Ships for IvyStonePlace? Giggle, Giggle...... LOL!!!!!

wayback.gif

Ive dealt with Sadoun for my 6ft dish and HH120 motor and never a problem. Also with Robbie at WSI with his 6ft bargain dish and other items.

I will Never deal/shop with Ricks and "other" dealers mentioned here.

When I want something at a good price w/o crazy shipping charges, ebay has been really good to me. Oh and did I mention WSI been local to me?? Best cash and carry deals Indeed!!!!!

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

What is the bias here against buying from Rick, or the constant demonizing of him? If it's because of openly posting feeds in his forum, I don't like that either, but that has nothing to do with his selling FTA stuff.

I neither love or hate him, but I have ordered from him, and he's NEVER done anything bad to me. He's a legit dealer. He has good prices, keeps me informed via email, and ships promptly. When I ordered during his vacation, he even emailed me during it to let me know there would be a couple days delay. He then promptly shipped when he got home.

If anybody states that they will NOT order from a particular dealer, I'd have to say give a reason or keep it to yourself. Any legit reason is better than just maligning a person's name because you just don't like them. Be careful of libel, because it can be a real problem with internet postings which can last forever.

Here is my reason why I wont buy from Rick

A few years ago I bought a Quali-TV from him. This is when the only receiver that could do 4:2:2 was that. Paid over $500 for it
Used it for less than a year and all the ports crapped out at the same time. A/V and component. The only things that worked were the DVI and the AC-3 outputs. So basically it was useless as I used it to record 4:2:2 feeds.
I e-mailed Rick about it and took screen shots of what the picture looked like. I had read where he helped out people who had Quali's and repaired them because they were so expensive. I was told that he couldn't fix it anymore (even though he had the parts) and instead to buy a "new" azbox from him

I did buy a azbox...but for $125 less from the dude in Miami (when the azbox first came out)

Sorry but when I get PM's from 2 people praising how Rick takes care of them even if the item is out of warranty and then I get treated like s**t...sorry you lost my business

If anybody states that they will NOT order from a particular dealer, I'd have to say give a reason or keep it to yourself.

You yourself gave some valid reasons why people should not order from him. You need to understand that people here are giving your opinions and thats what the forum is about. There is no proper answer to the original question so people have given you their opinions each person will have a reason why they like someone, and no ones opinion is wrong as it is just their opinion.

While I do not agree with the way Rick operates his site (with the feeds in the open) I do think its a good site. And to be honest I have ordered from him before and had no problems with him or the product he sold me.

Others have valid reasons for not ordering from him, and that is their choice of who they do business and why. Ultimately there is no libel in voicing ones opinion, but always remember opinions are just that... opinions. :)

As my grandmother use to say opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one. :D God I miss my grandmother.

Status
Please reply by conversation.