Reputable Dealers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sat Motor

Thank you for the information !!! I bought one from Sadoun Friday night and they had shipped it Saturday morning. I can't wait to get it and view more satellite's than just 97 W.

Dealers for Satellite dish motors

I received an SG 380 motor one week after it was ordered from Sadoun company. It was poorly packed for shipping, as it was not packaged in anything more than the thin carboard box from the manufacture. The box was torn in several places, and many scratchs on the motor housing. Obviously, Sadoun company is not responsible for rough shipping, but it is the norm nowdays, and most other companies will ship items in decent packaging. I had a few questions on the operation of this motor, as the instructions are adequate, but not very detailed. I was having problems with it functioning as described from the literature. I called them, and I was told ever tech was out on service calls, and someone would call in the afternoon, and of course, they never called back. Same thing happened the second day, even when I informed the sales person my questions were simple and would only take about 2 minutes. No return call.

I wonder what would (is going to), happen with warrenty issues. I would not recommend this company based on the lack of response of support concerning product functioning, and it is highly unlikely I will purchase anything else from them. I would rather give my business to a company that does appreciate it. Perhaps this occurrence is rare, I hope so, but for now it can't use my satellite dish system, which is not a tragety, but fairly annoying.

for my money they were #1 a few years ago but are now getting out of the sat business. this has been noted here by me and others. see post 42
there is lots of info on those motors here and you should be able to get help with getting it up and going.
this stuff is kinda like Lego you build it yourself.
good luck

I received an SG 380 motor one week after it was ordered from Sadoun company. It was poorly packed for shipping, as it was not packaged in anything more than the thin carboard box from the manufacture. The box was torn in several places, and many scratchs on the motor housing. Obviously, Sadoun company is not responsible for rough shipping, but it is the norm nowdays, and most other companies will ship items in decent packaging. I had a few questions on the operation of this motor, as the instructions are adequate, but not very detailed. I was having problems with it functioning as described from the literature. I called them, and I was told ever tech was out on service calls, and someone would call in the afternoon, and of course, they never called back. Same thing happened the second day, even when I informed the sales person my questions were simple and would only take about 2 minutes. No return call.

I wonder what would (is going to), happen with warrenty issues. I would not recommend this company based on the lack of response of support concerning product functioning, and it is highly unlikely I will purchase anything else from them. I would rather give my business to a company that does appreciate it. Perhaps this occurrence is rare, I hope so, but for now it can't use my satellite dish system, which is not a tragety, but fairly annoying.

Nope, I have never received anything from them that wasn't shipped in it's own light shelf box, with no other box or protection. Always beat to hell, and even some lost parts now and again. I can't recommend them to anybody, unless they are willing to take a chance on something not surviving shipping.

I've been a customer of Sadoun on and off for about 10 years. I use them because I know what to expect & they are a well known sat company. I can't believe how crappily my last shipment was packed: BARELY any packaging, everything just tossed LOOSE into a box with a few used newspapers that didn't even cushion anything. They also forgot to add my motor for the dish, but didn't forget to charge me for it. At least they removed the charge promptly! I was expecting a decent receiver and I can't believe how bad they are now. I got an OpenBox clone(?) SatHawk PVR 100. What a piece of junk. It uses basic RCA connections to TV: red/white/yellow cables. How cheap can you be?? The box is the size of a couple of magazines stacked on top of each other. Oh, it comes with "games": Soduku and some other stupid thing. How 'bout you skip the processor consumption you use for games and use it on something else, like a satellite receiver.

I would have used Emantechnology.com again, but I didn't remember that place til AFTER I already ordered from Sadoun, darnit! Emantechnology was great, and too bad they don't have the BEC6000 receiver anymore :( the best receiver I've ever owned. I stupidly left it with an ex thinking I'd get another one someday. They're no longer made, unfortunately.

So, for my experience, use Emantechnology next time, that is, if they are as reliable and professional as they were some years ago when I first used them. Their web site is their name with dot com on the end of it. Lots of variety, good prices- no I don't work for them obviously otherwise I wouldnt have used Sadoun.

It uses basic RCA connections to TV: red/white/yellow cables.
Ya musta jumped at the purchase without looking over the specs. Even the pictures only show RCA A/V connectors and a USB. I think the Openbox S9 is a sorta-clone of the Sathawk as it was in the US first. Sorta- because it has HDMI component also.
Poor packaging, on the other hand, is not good practice.

Emantechnology website is active, but looks like it hasn't sold products in quite a while. All of the listed receivers are out of production.

I agree, they offered great customer service and honest prices.

Ya musta jumped at the purchase without looking over the specs. Even the pictures only show RCA A/V connectors and a USB. I think the Openbox S9 is a sorta-clone of the Sathawk as it was in the US first. Sorta- because it has HDMI component also.
Poor packaging, on the other hand, is not good practice.

Yes thank you- but I meant connex to the TV. My tv doesn't use usb..HDMI? Pardon me for sounding ignorant, but how is this possible with this receiver?

The USB connection is for connecting a USB memory device for recording programming or uploading/downloading firmware and channel lists. It is not for passing programming to a TV. The receiver is only standard definition and has no HDMI connection.

The only connection that the PVR100 has is the composite AV RCA type.

I heard somewhere that sadoun isnt happy in the fta busness anymore and may give it up all together.Dont know how much truth there is in it but i would hate to see him go!I got started in FTA with him.

Just ordered from Sadoun about a month ago. FedEx ground lost my shipment. I hope Sadoun is good to deal with in this situation. I ordered the KU motorized combo pack.

Jamal did send another and I did finally get it, but sadly the motor is on back order. :( Must wait 3 weeks to "explore the belt". He was very quick to respond.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)