Required Upgrade from Hughes HTL-HD receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

OTAHDFORME

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
Last night I got a recorded phone message from Directv. The gist of the message was that they noticed that I have an older HD receiver (Hughes HTL-HD) and that it will soon be mandatory that I upgrade it.

If we aren't subscribing to any HD programming and only viewing OTA HD programming why would we be required to upgrade?

Last edited:
Last night I got a recorded phone message from Directv last night. The gist of the message was that they noticed that I have an older HD receiver (Hughes HTL-HD) and that it will soon be mandatory that I upgrade it.

If we aren't subscribing to any HD programming and only viewing OTA HD programming why would we be required to upgrade?

You would only need to upgrade if you have hd from Directv. The newest hd channels are not compatible with your receiver. It will work as an ota receiver just fine.

Thanks for the confirmation. I was really not looking forward to getting into a conversation with someone who wanted to force me into a hardware upgrade and a new time committment.

On another note ... I am having trouble navigating the forums today. I still have my original screen up where I submitted this post and it never appeared to complete the process of posting. I was surprised to stumble on the posted version, along with replies ... through a second browser window.

It seems to get stuck on "waiting for http: // mm. chitika. net ........." Is there something I can do about this? I have to fight with the task manager to even end the task for that screen to be able to access the forums again.

Last edited:
Thanks for the confirmation. I was really not looking forward to getting into a conversation with someone who wanted to force me into a hardware upgrade and a new time committment.

Well, if it was me, I'd demand a FREEupgrade and NO commitment. You've been with them forever and you are not asking to upgrade, they are. So ask for a free reciever, since you BOUGHT what you have (I assume since it is so old), and because of that you do not see a need for a committment.

Well, if it was me, I'd demand a FREEupgrade and NO commitment. You've been with them forever and you are not asking to upgrade, they are. So ask for a free reciever, since you BOUGHT what you have (I assume since it is so old), and because of that you do not see a need for a committment.

It is free ... but I would also have to insist on their not charging me for HD access for my local channels since my current setup allows me to access OTA HD at no charge. I'm not sure they will go for that, but it might be worth a try ... if I were up for the headache of upgrading. :)

but you will have to pay Rental Fee each and Every Month on the upgraded receiver that D* Requires you to have to see their programming

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)