ReRuns with ADDED background music

Status
Please reply by conversation.

El_Viejo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 22, 2008
Indy no place, IN
What is with all the added background music on the TV shows, new and re-run alike? They don't know how to mix the levels and it covers up the voices!!! Anyone else annoyed by this? It is almost worse than the pop up ads for upcoming shows. Add to this, the level differences when they go from program to commercials. River Broadcasting is bad about that, as well as Ebru TV. What say you, guys?? El_Viejo

I watched Bonanza on River Broadcasting recently and noticed the intro music was different (Possibly a show in the public domain). I agree about loud commercials but I figure it's a small price to pay for fta.:)

I've noticed this as well and when LCN was available satellite they used to air the Andy Griffith Show, Bonanza and the Beverly Hillbillies on the classic tube segments. All three programs opened with modified theme music totally foreign to the way it was originally produced.

It's as about annoying as the continuing changing camera angles some programs started using. Zipping in and out of focus and back and forth and gives an unprofessional look IMHO. Motorweek on PBS gives a good example of this.

I think the current program producers, and anyone else involved with a programs production, went to the wrong school, because it's true
They don't know how to mix the levels
I think it's a licensing issue when music is replaced in a program.
Zipping in and out of focus and back and forth
I think this started with NYPD Blue. I remember it said somewhere, that they did this to give the appearance that it's a first person experience, like being there. I thought NYPD Blue did this well. Now they all aver do it, to the point where many are unwatchable. I have given up on some programs because of it. Just too much.
Loud commercials are loud no matter the source, FTA, OTA and cable stations are all guilty of the practice. I am seriously thinking of adding a compressor/limiter to the equipment rack.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)