Resetting Genie - mini clients and that black screen

Status
Please reply by conversation.

philiphotog

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
I've only been a DirecTV customer for three weeks and had the Genie and two mini clients installed. As well documented here, I'm also having the black screen issues on my mini clients and have to reboot the HR-34 every few days. Most of the time is just unresponsive with a black screen or the same but with the clock in the top right corner. Other times the C-31 will take about 10-20 seconds once turned on just to bring up live tv.

Anyways, I've turned off the power saver feature as a work around and we will see how that goes although it still gets sluggish after a while when going through the menu commands.

I called technical this morning and they are working on a fix. The purpose of adding my 5 cents here is I would recommend those having issues to submit a diagnosis system report with the tech rep so it all gets logged and may prove helpful to engineering.

In the mean time, we wait for a software update. No news from the rep on that I'm afraid.

well i have had my Genie for three weeks and the client, not a problem so far, all is working well!!!

guess it is not all of them that get cranky........................

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)