Resistance 2 & Dual Shock 3

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
To those interested. Right now at Amazon you can pre-order the Dual shock 3. It will ship April 15. Also you can sign up to be notified when Resistance 2 can be pre-ordered

My DualShock 3 arrived today from Amazon. Yeah, boooooyyyy.

Can't wait to get my rumble on tonite...er...

Seriously, glad this feature returned. Heavenly Sword, Motorstorm, Ratchet et al will truly rock now...

Same price as Amazon...but at Amazon, no taxes and free shipping (I LOVE AMAZON PRIME!--sorry, was that out loud?).

Firing up the DualShock 3 tonight. I let it charge overnight, just to be nice and 'ready' ;).

My DualShock 3 arrived today from Amazon. Yeah, boooooyyyy.

Can't wait to get my rumble on tonite...er...

Seriously, glad this feature returned. Heavenly Sword, Motorstorm, Ratchet et al will truly rock now...

So games that came out last year, prior to the dual shock's release, were programmed to work with it? I have Ratchet and Uncharted. Please let us know if you think it's worth getting for these "older" games.

So games that came out last year, prior to the dual shock's release, were programmed to work with it? I have Ratchet and Uncharted. Please let us know if you think it's worth getting for these "older" games.

Yes it is worth it. A lot of games were set up for dual shock 3. This was preplanned with the game developers.

I fired up Heavenly Sword and didn't notice the rumble much. That could have been because I hadn't played it in weeks and was busy getting my ass handed to me, though? :) I checked to see if there were any rumble control toggles in the game, but there weren't. In the controller pop-up you get when you hit the PS button it showed that 'vibration' was ON, though, so it was active/working.

I plan on checking out Ratchet and Motorstorm tonight. Too bad Lego Star Wars isn't on the compatibility list, I was deep into that...

I fired up Heavenly Sword and didn't notice the rumble much. That could have been because I hadn't played it in weeks and was busy getting my ass handed to me, though? :) I checked to see if there were any rumble control toggles in the game, but there weren't. In the controller pop-up you get when you hit the PS button it showed that 'vibration' was ON, though, so it was active/working.

I plan on checking out Ratchet and Motorstorm tonight. Too bad Lego Star Wars isn't on the compatibility list, I was deep into that...

Legos Star Wars is compatible. That's the only game I've played so far with the Dual Shock 3. You have to turn the rumble on in the options menu.

Legos Star Wars is compatible. That's the only game I've played so far with the Dual Shock 3. You have to turn the rumble on in the options menu.

Excellent. Didn't see it on the list...BONUS!

Speaking of: Have you done the bonus level in Episode 1 (Pod Race-Original Version)? Infuriatingly difficult. I think they 'dumbed it down' a bit too much in the official/final version, but the original level design almost pushed me to throwing my controller down the hallway. Finished it though...after nearly an hour of blood-pressure spiked play.

Excellent. Didn't see it on the list...BONUS!

Speaking of: Have you done the bonus level in Episode 1 (Pod Race-Original Version)? Infuriatingly difficult. I think they 'dumbed it down' a bit too much in the official/final version, but the original level design almost pushed me to throwing my controller down the hallway. Finished it though...after nearly an hour of blood-pressure spiked play.

No. I just finished the game in story mode a few days ago. Now gonna go back and start doing all the other stuff, bonus games, free play, ect.

I just got my dual shock 3 today, can't wait to try it out when it finishes recharging.

Well here is the thing, the Dual Shock 3 needs many updates, the whole Dual Shock ain't working right for some of the games like MLB the show 2008...You have no vibration while swinging.
I am sure it will get better.

I can confirm that it works great w/ Motorstorm and...yep, Lego Star Wars works. Funny, no mention of the latter's compatibility on the Sony site, and no settings that I could find in the game to turn vibration on/off, just do it through the main controller pop-up that you access through the PS-button.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)