Resistance: Fall of Man 2 revealed!

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Game Informer confirms top-rated PS3 launch game will become franchise for Sony's rising console.

As is the case with most batches of platform-launch games, critics weren't especially kind to the titles that debuted alongside the PlayStation 3. According to Metacritic, the most consistently well-reviewed launch title for the platform was Resistance: Fall of Man. Developed by Ratchet & Clank creators Insomniac Games, the title blended science fiction and Harry Turtledove-esque alternate history, portraying an alien invasion of England in the 1950s--after World War II didn't happen.
According to industry-research group NPD Funworld, Resistance was a solid seller, moving nearly 791,000 copies domestically as of November 2007. Little wonder, then, that as rumored, the acclaimed game is getting sequel treatment. The February edition of Game Informer reveals that yes, Insomniac is hard at work on a sequel, tentatively titled Resistance 2.
According to the magazine, Resistance 2 will support two campaigns, multiplayer battles of up to 60 people, and eight-person online co-op play. Unconfirmed reports say the game will support three character classes--including a heavy weapons, special operations, and the all-important medic. It will also incorporate vehicles, including the alien-built Stalker, which will have cloaking abilities.
Link: Resistance 2 revealed - PlayStation 3 News at GameSpot

Highlights:
2 Full Campaigns
8 Player Coop
60 Player online battles

I don't know about you guys, but this is going to be huge, this game is going to own multiplayer gaming on the PS3!
Hopefully by then the PS3 Network will have in game messaging, private chat, and friend list that you could pull up in game, it be really cool.

I just recently started playing RFOM. I already finished it, started a new campaign, and play online almost every night. I am hooked. Can't wait until the second one comes out.

Yea, I can't wait. I got rfom and ridge racer 7 with my ps3 at launch and it's the first game I completed on the ps3.

Also it's the first, first person shooter I completed on a console, since James Bond Goldeneye on the nintendo 64.

I could see this game being released next year maybe?
60 player MP going to be awesome.
Probably one of the most crowded MP's ever beside Warhawk for a multiplayer game on a console.
Insomniac has done a great job.
A lot of people said there would be a lot of lag and glitches on the first RFoM with 40 player, they were wrong, there wasn't any lag since they hosted the servers.
Hosting servers costs a lot of money, but Insomniac is doing a great job by providing us free servers to play on, and PS3 Network is free too, no monthly pay.
For what we get for free they are doing a great job.

Breaking news!
Insomniac Leaks 'Resistance 2' Release Date?

Posted by Yodapollo - Wednesday, February 20, 2008 2:58 PM

Insomniac Games, developers of Resistance: Fall of Man and the Ratchet & Clank series, posted a video to Youtube. Last night, they graciously shared the video with us for tonight's episode of X-Play, but we just couldn't keep it to ourselves all day. On face value, the video seems to simply be recruiting young game developers to apply to join the Insomniac team. They'll even let you play with the pinball machines.

The video, however, appears to be more than what it seems. Early in the video, as they sing about Resistance 2, a computer screen is shown that reads, "12 new Chimeran Enemies". Later in the video (around the 3 minute mark), the screen is shown again, this time displaying four numbers: "0708". Could this be a release date?​

Here is the link of the video:
G4 - X-Play - Insomniac Music Video

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts