Resolution change

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RichManitoba

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2010
Madison, WI
Occasionally my PQ doesn't seem "just right". I check the audio/video tab on the guide and the setting went to 720. It only takes 30 seconds to fix, but why does this happen? My TV is 4K with HDR.

Happy New Year!

Sent from my SM-T350 using the SatelliteGuys app!

I don’t get why they told me I was all set for 4K when they installed me. I hate liars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Set your video options to "Native ON" and check all options.

No, that will not fix it. That makes things worse and makes things take longer to change channels and sometimes causes things to get "caught" on the wrong resolution. The option to turn native "on" is dumb. Why would you want to wait extra time on channel changes that require a resolution change? The whole "2 resolutions for HD" is dumb, and has been since the inception of HD. Turning native off has your receiver stay on 1080i (or 4k) and nothing else and will make things run a lot smoother.

Reactions: al
No, that will not fix it. That makes things worse and makes things take longer to change channels and sometimes causes things to get "caught" on the wrong resolution. The option to turn native "on" is dumb. Why would you want to wait extra time on channel changes that require a resolution change? The whole "2 resolutions for HD" is dumb, and has been since the inception of HD. Turning native off has your receiver stay on 1080i (or 4k) and nothing else and will make things run a lot smoother.
OMG a whole 2-3 seconds for the resolution to change. #firstworldproblems

My LG takes 2 sec to change resolutions

Reactions: I WANT MORE
OMG a whole 2-3 seconds for the resolution to change. #firstworldproblems

My LG takes 2 sec to change resolutions

Yes, those 2-3 seconds add up when you're flipping between CBS and Fox games, for example. Why have the pause at all when you don't have to? #makeyourownproblems

Perhaps you could start out 2019 by educating yourself.
Happy New Year.

Reactions: comp9
c61k. And correct the HR54 won't do it alone.

Wait so I it the HR54 on the main tv and I have to the minis on the others? The main thing still won’t get 4K? All of my TVs are 4K btw.

Or do I have that wrong?

Wait so I it the HR54 on the main tv and I have to the minis on the others? The main thing still won’t get 4K? All of my TVs are 4K btw.

Or do I have that wrong?

I would recommend put the HR54 on the least watched TV. For me before switching to a HS17 I had my HR54 on a very little used guest room TV. But yes the HR54 won’t actually output 4K

Reactions: I WANT MORE
OTA is native resolution. It doesn't take extra time to change resolutions between channel changes. If Directv was the same, it wouldn't be a big deal. But it's not. And the OP clearly has a problem. Why would anyone want to have a TV experience that has black screen flashes all the time? It is a big time distraction. Friends notice it, too. I tried native resolution for a bit after all the fanboys posted about it. It is worthless. It even does it when you're watching ESPN and a local commercial that is 1080i is inserted. It is annoying and unprofessional.

Reactions: paul1948
Enough with the personal comments. Discuss the subject, not each other.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)