Restore Hopper 2000 settings to HWS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

md_paul

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2003
Maryland
Will I be able to restore my Hopper 2000 settings stored in my existing remote control to my new HWS arriving on Saturday? It would be great to not have to re-setup all of the timers. Are they compatible?

Thanks,

- Paul

Yes you can backup the timers and settings on to the remote. Press and hold the number o for system wizard.
Thanks,

I do know that you can backup the settings on the remote. Even if I don't manually backup the settings through the system wizard, it appears the Hopper automatically backs up to the remote every day or two. What I'm wondering is if the settings backed up from an original model Hopper2000 receiver will successfully restore to a new Hopper with Sling receiver. Has anyone actually successfully done a system wizard restore from an old model hopper to a new HWS?

But, of course, you need to do the restore from the original remote. Some have forgotten this and lost it...

Works fine. I found it best to lay the remote near the hopper and do not touch it until after the restore is complete.

Thanks, Hoping the restore goes well, but have taken cell phone pictures of the existing timers and favorites as an alternate plan if the restore fails. I have the Hopper backed up to two of the 40.0 remotes, so hopefully at least one of them will work to restore the old settings.

By the way, Does anyone know how to reset the Remote ID# when paired to the Hopper? My greyhounds seem to think that Dish remotes look like chew toys. They like to grab them, run outside and chew one end (usually the battery end) off. I buy extra 40.0 remotes by the 5-pack on ebay. My current working remotes are listed as #9 & #11 according to my Hopper. I realize that my new Hopper with Sling will probably pair these same remotes as Remotes #1 and #2, but there should be an easier way to reset the ID than replacing the receiver. :oldsmile2

- Paul

The settings restore worked great for both the old Hopper to a Hopper with sling, and original Joey to super Joey. Over 60 timers timers all transferred saving a lot of post install work for me. The only thing that did not transfer was the names of the favorites list. The channels in the favorites lists were transferred, but the list names were "List 1, List 2...". Not a big deal, and renaming them was much faster than recreating then. The installer had no idea this restore was possible, and thanked me for showing him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)