OTHER Resurrect my Old C-Band

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

3puttbob

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 3, 2020
Antelope Valley, Ca.
Hi All
New to forum and with being pandemic sort of homebound, I'm regaining my interest in my old fiberglass C-Band 10ft satellite dish. It's a Curtis Mathis KSX300 with LNA and Feedhorn. Also still have the original G.I. Innovation 450i Receiver. I know analog is pretty much dead and wondered what my options are. I found a HUGHES FSS LNB SAT2 type LNB in my closet. Is it compatible with my dish? Would it work if I by a Digital FTA receiver? Anyone has experience with this type venture? Worth pursuing? Thanks

:welcome to the forum 3puttbob :) Most of us here would definitely say it's worth pursuing. And you can find find answers to most all of your questions here. Pictures speak volumes so please illustrate your questions when you can. You will need a receiver. There are very many to choose from at all price ranges. A good plan would be to look for a popular one that has American support. Cheap China boxes come without support. :( Probably a new LNBF would be ideal too.

Thanks for the welcome. I screwed up. Went up there to look and realized It's an LNB. I don't remember changing it but then, I got the system in 1988. A lot of water passed under this bridge since then.

Attachments

• 20200503_120705.jpg
    20200503_120705.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 255
  • 20200503_115905.jpg
    20200503_115905.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 273
Hi All
New to forum and with being pandemic sort of homebound, I'm regaining my interest in my old fiberglass C-Band 10ft satellite dish. It's a Curtis Mathis KSX300 with LNA and Feedhorn. Also still have the original G.I. Innovation 450i Receiver. I know analog is pretty much dead and wondered what my options are. I found a HUGHES FSS LNB SAT2 type LNB in my closet. Is it compatible with my dish? Would it work if I by a Digital FTA receiver? Anyone has experience with this type venture? Worth pursuing? Thanks
Welcome to Satellite Guys! I would recommend upgrading to a Titanium C1-PLL or C2-PLL lnbf:

and a new receiver like the Amiko HD265:

or Edision MIO.

I would recommend an ASC1 dish mover but they have been discontinued. You may still be able to find one if you look hard.

You can still use the 450i as a manual dish mover though. :)

A little pricey for this country boy only in the respect that I'm not sure at this point of my research how beneficial it would be for my entertainment experiences. I currently have DISH...of course. But, I'm partial to old school.

and a new receiver like the Amiko HD265:
A little pricey for this country boy only in the respect that I'm not sure at this point of my research how beneficial it would be for my entertainment experiences. I currently have DISH...of course. But, I'm partial to old school.
The above receiver is pricey on purpose just to keep a spot on eBay since the pandemic has caused my shipment to sit on the water. :(
This is what I am also selling and recommending: Amiko MiraX HiS-2000 Hybrid Receiver FTA - IPTV DVB-S2X H.265 HEVC With NTP | eBay
A little fancier, but works good.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Satellite world sure has changed since my last analog involvement back in the late 90's. Is there a place I can view what would be available to receive?

I see the AMiko or Edison doesn't seem to have a place to connect the mover wires from the actuator. How would that work? Are there models that also do that?

Not unless you have an old analog receiver. Most people buy a separate diseqc capable dish mover (such as a Vbox or Gbox) that responds to diseqc commands from the FTA receiver (such as the osmio4k or amiko or similar receiver). Those commands are sent over the coax between the receiver and dish mover. Those commands are then decoded by the dish controller and sends out motor control of the actuator and polarity control for the LNBF. If you are using a regular LNB with polarity control via servo motor then you'll need an old analog receiver. I suggest changing the LNB to an LNBF since it would be less cumbersome.

That's what I meant. If I got a digital receiver, my analogue would be a suitable mover?
I don't know that receiver but if you can move the dish to the right satellite with your remote than you have a good standalone dish mover. :) But once you know DiSEqC you'll never go back ;)

I'll keep that in mind. Appreciate the info. Just want to jump back in as cheap as possible to see if I want to expand. Guess I need to look for a dig. receiver without investing a fortune. Then take it from there.
Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)