Resurrecting a roof-mount dish project

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
Now that the weather has finally cooled down and I have some extra time, I'd like to try and mount a 76cm or 90cm dish on the roof for either 113 or 125.

There is a mount up there where a Wild Blue dish was. There are also 2 smaller attachments for support arms. At my location support arms are important as it can get extremely windy here.

I would prefer not to have to drill and seal any additional holes on the roof. The issue is that the mount for the Wild Blue dish appears to be for a larger than average pole. Most FTA dishes are on smaller poles.

Any ideas on how I can mount a 76" or 90" dish using the former Wild Blue mount and support arm attachments?

I've been looking around for Wild Blue dishes I might be able to take the mast and support arms from but they are so few and far between anymore.

Sorry, I understood the Wild Blue mount was already installed. If so, less damage to simply add legs with pitch pads underneath, rather than remove an installed mount and likely damage the roofing with removal.

If not already mounted on roof, install on eave overhang, not over living space and use pitch pads under the mounting penetrations. Preferably mount on the fascia or wall mount if structurally sound or appropriate.

Alternatively, the Wild Blue mount and arms could also be affixed to a peak NPRM tray frame. Easy to construct out of angle iron, concrete blocks and a neoprene pad underneath.

Aim at 125W. 113W only has Reuters, unless you understand Dutch and want BVN America.

I have similar scenario with a Shaw dish not being used on a nice roof mount. But FTA on the roof is against my policy. I always want to change to different satellites.

Sent from my SM-G950W using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts