Retailer Chat 1/12/16

I was with dish for years then moved to DTV then got sick of their crap service so went back to dish. Never late on my bill, always pay on time. Have great credit and also have the full package. (no idea if any of this is considered) Oh well guess i wont be upgrading then!

I was with dish for years then moved to DTV then got sick of their crap service so went back to dish. Never late on my bill, always pay on time. Have great credit and also have the full package. (no idea if any of this is considered) Oh well guess i wont be upgrading then!

You may just have to wait a couple months if you just signed back up. This is the reason for your account being rated as it is. It makes sense that they don't want people swapping out equipment right away for free or a little fee, they would lose more money.

You're case is a little different since you were not aware that a new receiver was coming out. You might be able to request a free upgrade or at least a discounted price. It's worth a try.

Last edited:
He's a very new customer.

Mine was the same way. We came back to dish 3/21/15 and I am low on the rating. Had top 200 mostly, auto pay and usually at least 2 movie channels. Ziptied said it's prob age of contract so maybe they will cut me some slack when I try and get one.

Id be perfectly fine with $150, but if it's $350 Ill just wait until late March and ask again.

Mine was the same way. We came back to dish 3/21/15 and I am low on the rating. Had top 200 mostly, auto pay and usually at least 2 movie channels. Ziptied said it's prob age of contract so maybe they will cut me some slack when I try and get one.

Id be perfectly fine with $150, but if it's $350 Ill just wait until late March and ask again.

When the Hopper 3 is released I would call Dish and see what they can do for you. Tell them how you would have waited if you knew a new receiver was coming out so soon. They may make an exception for you. It would be smart if they did.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I am going to wait and see if any more new Hybrid LNBs come out for the 1000+ dish that includes 118.7. It is hard to believe DISH didn't come out with the new LNB. Maybe there are plans to move all the international channels off of 118.7.
I would imagine that the intersection of the UHD and internationals sets is a awfully small group.

When the Hopper 3 is released I would call Dish and see what they can do for you. Tell them how you would have waited if you knew a new receiver was coming out so soon. They may make an exception for you. It would be smart if they did.

10-4. One thing I have to consider, which is I did not until last night, is I have several OTA conflicts and split them between the two HWS's. So I have to decide whether I want to lose some OTA capability to save some $$$ and centralize things.

I've almost stopped worrying about PQ as much on providers now, I my just stop using OTA altogether.

I dont. To be honest the only reason I have them now is because the PQ on ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and CW is better than the Dish version. And I dont get Fox well so we end up watching the Dish version. It's not as good but fine. Kinda gets old trying to work timers between two hoppers especially when you have OTA conflicts. I guess as you get older some things are less important lol.

I only expect good PQ when streaming Netflix and watching blu-ray anymore.

Pricing time!

Hopper 3 will be free for NEW customers that qualify for the DHA24 Elite promotion. Will be $50 for DHA24 Plus promotions. Will be $150 for DHA Standard promotions. Will be $200 for Flex 24 promotions.

These promotions all depend on you credit basically. When you give a retailer or Dish your info the business system will tell what promotion you qualify for based on your credit rating with the major three credit companies.

do they pull all three? a hard inquiry on 3 CRA's? wow!

Dish will use all three in order to get the best idea of what a customer's credit is. This also gives the customer a better chance at qualifying since one company may have you with a higher rating.

All retailers use at least Equifax. Using the other 2 is optional and requires enrollment. In those cases, the other 2 are only accessed if Equifax draws a blank. I've been told that the credit check is superficial.

All retailers use at least Equifax. Using the other 2 is optional and requires enrollment. In those cases, the other 2 are only accessed if Equifax draws a blank. I've been told that the credit check is superficial.

Enrolling with the other two is beneficial for the retailer because it increases their changes of qualifying a customer. Basically they make sure the customer has a credit file and that it's in decent standing. They want to make sure that the customer is who they say they are.

Reactions: Ziptied
Pricing for EXISTING CUSTOMERS. This would be for UPGRADES.

For some customers it will be free. For most customers it will be $150. For some it will be $350.

You will not know what you qualify for until you inquire with Dish or a retailer. NO ONE KNOWS how or why you are rated as you are so it's worthless to ask. This is Dish's own customer rating system and is based on numerous criteria. The only way to find out is to ask how much an upgrade will cost you with Dish or a retailer.

These prices do not include the Tech Visit fee.

The $350 price point has been lowered to $150 now.

Although I was prompted to enroll in all 3, I chose to only use Equifax. It hasn't adversely affected my customer qualification numbers and for me, the fewer partner companies needed to operate, the better.

Reactions: navychop
Although I was prompted to enroll in all 3, I chose to only use Equifax. It hasn't adversely affected my customer qualification numbers and for me, the fewer partner companies needed to operate, the better.

There were only a few instances a year where it made a difference for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)