Retailer Chat Recap: January 14, 2010

Ok went back and took a look at the receiver pricing...

And it was still fuzy, but was abble to get a bigger screen shot making it easier to read.

Dish has just moved to the cable company system of pricing. DVRs cost more, HD costs more, etc. A cable HD DVR for the 2 cable systems I interact with around here is $15-17/month. Now the 722 is the same. An SD cable box is $7. But cable has the advantage of cable ready TVs not needing an SD receiver box.

With cable though they do not include the first DVR in the package price, but they do not have a $10 HD fee.

The AEP users with more than one DVR are the ones that are really going to feel this change. The $6 DVR fee plus the huge receiver fees are going to add up fast.

I have the AEP, 1 - 722, 2 - 211, and 1 - 508

Now
AEP - $100
Locals - $5
HD - $10
722 - no charge
211 - $7
211 - $7
508 - $5

$134

New Charge
AEP w/ Locals - $102?
HD - $10
722 - $17
211- $7
211 - $7
508 - $10
DVR Fee - $6

$159!

So they just screw over their highest paying customers and make them pay these extra fees?!

Nope it will be this...

New Charge
AEP w/ Locals - $102?
HD - $10
722 - No Charge
211- $7
211 - $7
508 - $10
DVR Fee - $6

$142!

Nope it will be this...

New Charge
AEP w/ Locals - $102?
HD - $10
722 - No Charge
211- $7
211 - $7
508 - $10
DVR Fee - $6

$142!

This is IF Dish puts your 722 as the first receiver on your account. Better log in and see...With the new "Cable Pig" pricing model they will put your 211 first and hope you dont notice.

This is IF Dish puts your 722 as the first receiver on your account. Better log in and see...With the new "Cable Pig" pricing model they will put your 211 first and hope you dont notice.

Actually it will be about $139 or so because the AEP is not $102 anymore it is like $99 or something like that isn't it?

Dish is starting to make Comcast almost attractive again...that's pathetic.

Exactly. I was just looking at my options on Cox and DishNetwork's site incase Absolute is gone one day. There really isn't a cost savings with DishNetwork anymore, it would pointless to stay as Cox has a lot more HD channels that we would watch.

Did anyone on the chat actually state they were no longer waiving certain fees for AEP customers? I'm still confused?
Why does the last line HD DUO DVR state - 0.98 ? If they're doing away with the TV2 fee altogether, should be a 5.98 increase.
Sneaky bastards!

Last edited:
$45 minimum for a service call makes me madder than anything else. Rates go up every year. I'm used to it.

Dish has just moved to the cable company system of pricing. DVRs cost more, HD costs more, etc. A cable HD DVR for the 2 cable systems I interact with around here is $15-17/month. Now the 722 is the same. An SD cable box is $7. But cable has the advantage of cable ready TVs not needing an SD receiver box.

With cable though they do not include the first DVR in the package price, but they do not have a $10 HD fee.

The AEP users with more than one DVR are the ones that are really going to feel this change. The $6 DVR fee plus the huge receiver fees are going to add up fast.

Same thing here. We would only need one HD receiver, the other TVs in the house would be fine with analog channels. HD DVR with Cox is $17.24. The big plus on that $17 of the Cox cable receiver? If the receiver dies, Cox will replace it with no charge to the customer.

$45 minimum for a service call makes me madder than anything else. Rates go up every year. I'm used to it.

What does Comcast charge for service calls!? I believe 0 is the answer. Could be wrong. Haven't had cable in 12 yrs.

Ok If I am reading the price chart that was posted I have the 612, solo HD DVR as my second reciever. My price is going down?? I know the picture is a bit fuzzy, I just want to make sure. The 722K is my primary

It looks like my bill will go up $56 a month.
current
5 duo dvr @ $7 = $35
new
5 duo dvr @ $17 = $85
+ DVR fee of $6
Total $91 per mo in fees

$91 - $35 = $56 increase per month

current
5 duo dvr @ $7 = $35
new
5 duo dvr @ $17 = $85
+ DVR fee of $6
Total $91 per mo in fees

Don't forget 1st receiver is free.

current
5 duo dvr @ $7 = $35
new
5 duo dvr @ $17 = $85
+ DVR fee of $6
Total $91 per mo in fees

NoQcu,

Hey, join the club. I have a total of 5 receivers one 722k, and 4 SD Duo DVR's, my bill is going up $51.02 per month for a total of $612.24 per year.

I only wish Geico sold satellite service ;>), then maybe I could save 400-500 per year by switching to GEICO Satellite service.

I have Center Ice as well, so once the NHL season is over I will consider DirecTV (as long as DirecTV adds Versus back to their service). I've been with Dish since 1997, although I'm under a 24 month agreement since I added a 722k upgrade early 2009. I'll pay the penalty as my additional SD Duo DVr's are owned by me.

John

6 receivers here...

3) 622's 1) 722 1) 722K 1) 922

I am told my bill will go up about $30 a month on AEP. I don't know how they figure that out... but thats what I am told.

7 bucks for a TV2 output in freeking SD that most people don't use because it's in SD... :mad:

I don't think I've ever used TV2 on my 722 or 622, as they've always been in single mode.

Time to sell the 622, and just lease a 612 instead. The $84/year I'd save would more than make up any charges from them shipping me a 612.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)