Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Welcome to the first SatelliteGuys Retailer Chat Recap of 2010! Yeah we missed last weeks mini retailer chat which was done at CES, but that was because we didnt see the show since we were at CES. :)

As always the SatelliteGuys Retailer Chat Recap is a recap of the Dish Network Retailer chat, however the information posted here is items from the chat which are of interest to YOU the consumer. In our recaps we do not report on dealer sensitive items such as dealer costs or profits.

Basically you will find out here what you could find out from your local Dish Network retailer if he or she watched the chat. :)

Today's Chat SHOULD be an interesting one... I am hearing that on todays chat they will be announcing the new pricing structure to the retailers.

In addition I am hopefull that we get some HD news. As was rumored in the Pub Members forum there are now 10 national HD channels up in testing and I am HOPING that we hear something about these channels on todays chat.

A big THANK YOU to all the Pub Members who help us keep the lights on here at SatelliteGuys.US! Without their support we would not be able to keep the lights on for all.

This thread will be locked and then reopened once the first recap has been posted.

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys!

Jim and Amir welcome to to the chat and wish us a happy new year!

Amir says this is going to be the chat of all chats.

They talk about CES a little bit. Jim tells viewers to press RECORD on their DVR's now.

A video is shown of Amir having fun in Las Vegas. Funny video.

In to the meat and potatos.

The current new customer promos continue on. They are working great so why change them.

Cinemax for a Penny is gone.

No increase to the programming prices, some packages are going down. Americas Everything pack is going down $2.99

Premium channel pricing is staying the same.

Dishlatino pricing is staying the same except for the DishLATINO Dos package which is going down $3.00.

Talk about Tubro HD being renamed to Dish America. No pricinig changes there with locals.

Now talking about Dish DVR Advantage going away, those will DishDVR advantage will see a price increase of $1 according to what they showed on the screen.

Jim says what they are doing to do it make things simpler and thats why they are making the changes they are making.

A new package the Korean Tiger Pack will be coming on February 1st for $19.99 a month. It requires a 118.7 dish.

And with that they go to Marketing with Ira Bahr

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 1,699
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,410
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,399
Ira tells us that the current clean marketing will continue. And they will continue advertsing the $24.99 price point.

Now they show the full video that was shown at CES which compares Dish to DirecTV...

They now go to Rebecca Simpson who talks about the Q1 marketing kits. Nothing interesting here. But I do like the ads that they have been running.

Screen caps are rather blurry... I can't make out the prices! Do you have your sling player on the remote stream?

Talk about Tubro HD being renamed to Dish America. No pricinig changes there with locals.
So are you saying the previous info you gave on this is now incorrect? Before you said locals we're going included in the TurboHD packages so that'd effectively be a $5 price decrease since they wouldn't have to be purchased separately.

for new customers on most promotions the cancelations fees are going up... $420 which is prorated at $17.50 a month remaining in the term contract.

Now Amir is talking about simplification...

Dish is looking to remove line items on customers bills.

One flat fee of $6 for all DVR's on your account.

They are discontinuing the $5 moth credit for having the phone line hooked up. Installers still must hook up phone line or broadband.

Now here comes the new pricing on receivers... And it is exactly as I reported. See the screenshot. (Sorry its so blurry...)

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 2,153
Dish will be launching a new website on February 1st for exisiting customers explaining them the new pricing.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 1,132
Seems like my bill is only going up a $1. I have TurboHD Silver w/ DVR (49.99). So now I have TurboHD Silver (44.99) + DVR Fee ($6) = 50.99. And I have one additional receiver, an HD Solo and it stays at $7. The primary is a HD Duo, but I think that is included with the package right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts