Retailer Chat Recap - July 10, 2008

So what happens to those of us on the current HD Only package? Are we gonna get the new channels and still pay $29 for now? Or are we gonna have to upgrade to HD Turbo and pay $40 something?

Robert

For Clarification sake: Is the Turbo Gold the current HD Absolute (plus RSNs) for $10 more a month? Or do these new packages sync with the AT packages and for the channels in the current HD Abs pack it is +20 (adding in the ulitmate)?

Glad some got what they were looking for, I just got a bigger dish bill :(

Also, note that the screen shot says TurboHD Gold will contain 40 HD channels. Right now the DishHD Only package has 45 channels according to the Dish website.

So what happened? Are we gonna lose 5 HD channels on Aug. 1 if we have to move to TurboHD Gold? If so, which ones?

Also, will that actually be a loss of MORE than 5 HD channels with the addition of Lifetime HD, LMN HD, CBS College Sports HD and Planet Green HD?

What channels will we be losing?

I'm getting worried!

Robert

So what happens to those of us on the current HD Only package? Are we gonna get the new channels and still pay $29 for now? Or are we gonna have to upgrade to HD Turbo and pay $40 something?

Robert

If I remember correct, it was said when the original HD only package was released that it would include all new HD channels for the rest of the year?

Also, note that the screen shot says TurboHD Gold will contain 40 HD channels. Right now the DishHD Only package has 45 channels according to the Dish website.

So what happened? Are we gonna lose 5 HD channels on Aug. 1 if we have to move to TurboHD Gold? If so, which ones?

Also, will that actually be a loss of MORE than 5 HD channels with the addition of Lifetime HD, LMN HD, CBS College Sports HD and Planet Green HD?

What channels will we be losing?

I'm getting worried!

Robert
I don't think they are counting HD PPV... also, they must be adding VS/Golf as one since they also added WGN-Amer since the last time they updated the "45"

If we are on the $29.99 HD only package now, what will we get going forward?

Ted

If I have to go by what was promised in Feb, The HD only package should remain the same atleast until feb 2009 and we should be getting the new channels as well.

But we are dealing with Dish we have to wait and see what kind of curve ball is being thrown at us.

Maybe they will freeze those of us who have HD Absolute @ 29.99 and just will not make it available to additional subscribers after 8/1?

So, if you have it, will you be able to keep it without a price increase or change in programming?

Ok back to where I left off. :)

I am guessing that the MPEG2 HD will be all MPEG4 HD by august 1st as they keep on saying all the channels will be MPEG4.

New customers with low credit scores will not be able to use Debit Cards after August 1st (again new customer only) they must have a credit card. (this sounds dumb to me as folks with low credit scores usally dont have credit cards)

New DHA customer must pay a $99 registration fee as of August 1st if they want no commitment or the fee is waived with a 24 month commitment.

The 612 receiver is becoming the base receiver being installed for new DHA customers.

17 new HD channels are coming on August 1st!

And new HD Packages as well!
Don't know if anyone saw this but if you zoom in on the first picture that Scott posted with all the logos on it. There's a blue logo that says Fox. Not sure if this is Fox news or something else. Can't read the rest.

I believe they inflated their hd numbers before by including PPV. The chart at the beginning shows that these new counts do not include PPV, regional sports or VOD.