Retailers Alert!!! How can beat this deal?

Sat Monkey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 25, 2008
Wausau, WI
Several of our customers have received a mailer direct from Dish that offers them, a Free 722 DVR among other things..

If we have to charge our own customers $100.00 for a 722 how can we compete with Dish for a FREE one?

Mike

You have to tell them that you offer great quick local service but anymore people do not care. There is nothing you can do if you cannot match the price and even then that is not good enough since Dish is more of a recognized brand than the local retailer. If that ain't enough to destroy a business then there is now the "New Frontier". With Frontier in many areas now selling Dish Network instead of Directv that Verizon used to sell, this will make things even harder for local retailers. I think Dish Network is doing this on purpose to avoid paying the retailer incentives (some call them commissions but they changed the wording a while back). Do you see the writing on the wall?

The NEW E isnt just effecting subs its infected the entire operation:(

When you run any business for the bottom line ONLY bad things can happen...

Currently my laminator supplier is running a big sale, and literally giving the machines away canibalizing the customers i had sold on theiir brand..

so i leaned on them for some freebies as compensation.

I beieve I lost 8 or 10 new machine sales:( at a few hundred bucks profit gone each:( 3 grand poof gone:(

given the economy fast local friendly service doesnt come before cheaper:(

Bob Haller said:
The NEW E isnt just effecting subs its infected the entire operation:(

When you run any business for the bottom line ONLY bad things can happen...

Currently my laminator supplier is running a big sale, and literally giving the machines away canibalizing the customers i had sold on theiir brand..

so i leaned on them for some freebies as compensation.

I beieve I lost 8 or 10 new machine sales:( at a few hundred bucks profit gone each:( 3 grand poof gone:(

given the economy fast local friendly service doesnt come before cheaper:(

Ok Bob we get it. Go to the Comcast Forum.

Several of our customers have received a mailer direct from Dish that offers them, a Free 722 DVR among other things..

When I signed up almost 2 years ago through Dish I was given a free 722 and install. It was all done through the dish website since I do not have a good local Dish dealer.

Do the 722 offered from Dish come with a new 2yr contract?

When my 622's smart card reader died, I was offered a free 722 via the Dish it up program and it did include a 24 month commitment add on. I refused. I believe the only advantage of the 722 is a larger hard drive. The 622 with a 1.5 terabyte ehd is more than enough for me. A replacement 622 is on its way.

When I signed up almost 2 years ago through Dish I was given a free 722 and install. It was all done through the dish website since I do not have a good local Dish dealer.

Dang, we got our 722 about 3 years ago and were charged almost $200 for it through Dish. I didn't realize then you could go with a local company instead to 'shop around', but I've since started working with Southern Star Inc and have had great support.

Sam

I received my 722 free and ordered through a local retailer. I really liked the place and was excited to have a local place for TVs and accessories and someone knowledgeable about wiring things up.

Unfortunately, another part of the install (unrelated to Dish) had a hiccup that wasn't a result of negligence, but was their responsibility. Rather than let me know how they would solve it, they just ignored my calls and emails or would think of BS excuses not to fix it. I've since bought a house and want some wiring done that I'm sure this place would be great at, but I don't feel comfortable calling them with as rudely as I was treated.

I love to patronize local small businesses but sometimes the best guy to install your TV isn't the best guy to manage or handle customer service for a business. But when a place really does have everything together and customers don't realize the benefit, that's just sad.

hey i really dont care, there are thousands more that just read here than ones posting.

the vast majority here never read just post.

When you have a great local dealer that services their customer, it is great to have. Local support is important to have. Some local dealers do neglect their customers but some have great service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)