RETRO TELEVSION NETWORK

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hoos51

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
Will DTV subscribers be able to pick up these classic show?

They seem to be set up as a LiL channel, similar to the defunct Tube Music Network. Some DMAs seem to carry it already as such on Dish and Direct.

Supposedly, it is available, in several versions, FTA.

From what I've head from the FTA crowd, this is a pretty cool channel with lots of good series from the past.

If D* had interest, they could probably add it cheap, and it could help differentiate them, nobody carries it nationally.

From what I've head from the FTA crowd, this is a pretty cool channel with lots of good series from the past.

If D* had interest, they could probably add it cheap, and it could help differentiate them, nobody carries it nationally.

I really wish they would.. Emedia who owns RTN needs some good news.. Their stock needs a shot in the arm... bigtime..

Retro Television Network

Has anyone heard whether D* will pick-up this network? I think this would be an excellent addition to their channel line-up.

No word if, but doubtful. RTN has only been aired via minor local OTA stations to date, no major carrier partnerships that I know of.

I combined your question with a recent thread asking the same thing.

No word if, but doubtful. RTN has only been aired via minor local OTA stations to date, no major carrier partnerships that I know of.

I combined your question with a recent thread asking the same thing.

Thanks. I read through the comments and will at least send an email requesting RTN to be added to the line-up.

Here was D* response:

Thanks for your suggestion. As you know, we're not offering Retro Television Network right now, but we're very interested in knowing the types of programming our customers are interested in.

We have carefully selected program offerings to balance the interests of adults, children and the whole family. We understand that our decision will not meet all customers' needs all of the time, but our research indicates that most of our customers are pleased with the programming that we do offer.

Also, after reviewing your account, I see that you're eligible for some complimentary programming. Because we value your business, I've added three months of free SHOWTIME UNLIMITED to your account. We hope you enjoy your free programming.

Last edited:
Comcast in Atlanta has added the subchannel feed to the digital cable tier, not sure if other markets have the same thing...

We had it when we were on Insight cable. Comcast dropped it when they took over, but I'm not sure if it was a national contract issue. The Wikipedia article says that it will be carried 'soon' as a subchannel on our local ABC affiliate, so we could get it back that way instead.

I am getting VIA OTA right now via the detroit ABC channel. Its ok...

This is being offered as a subchannel in specific markets. Since DirecTV has never offered these subchannel-designed networks, I would think it would be a difficult sell. A lot of it depends on the way the contracts for the affiliates are structured. If this is a market-exclusive affiliate relationship akin to the broadcast networks, this would be a very difficult deal to bring it to DirecTV as a national channel.

I get it as an OTA subchannel on the local CBS station. Nice, but the guide often has errors (probably not Directv's fault, however).

Same here.

The local CBS affiliate's Digital feed is not on D*. there's a pi**ing match between the local and D* regarding carriage fee's. So I doubt that they would allow D* to bring RTN into the area.

It is some pretty good TV, haven't seen 77 Sunset Strip for a long time. Still can't figure out what SWMBO saw in Ed "Kookie" Byrnes. :confused:

Thanks for the heads-up on RTN subchannels. I found a local NBC station that had it on one of their subs, rescanned the OTA antenna for it, and presto. Never would have known it was there otherwise, since they just added the third subchannel.

get a free to air system. There's about 15 of them from around the country on one satellite :)

Otherwise Equity Broadcasting (the owners) are lending out their signal to subchannels. Wish Minneapolis would get one :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)