Retrojams?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pismire

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
Darrington, Wa.
Did Retrojams turn into something else or did my receiver go wacko. A-Team is on now and earlier it was Emergency!

Thanks phlatwound at least I know it isn't me. Added the AC3 APID finally this morning via Channelmaster and thought maybe I did something wrong.

I believe I've seen some infomercial-type stuff on RetroJams later on at night at times, but don't remember ever seeing any sitcom programming on there before.

I liked "The Box".....Gone. I liked "The Tube".....Gone. Now Retrojams is gone too. I guess music videos aren't popular anymore? Nothing but garbage 24/7 on MTV/VH1/Fuse... 35 channels of old TV shows wasn't enough for Equity, they had to kill Retrojams to add just one MORE.:mad: Not that I don't enjoy a lot of those old shows, but come on!!!:eek:

Last edited:
when it was the tube it disappeared after the tube went "big time" (aka being on a bunch of stations). Then RetroJams popped up on KU. Then it moved to C-Band (G3 where the other Equity stuff is). Then it left completely

then it came back as what we knew..then I guess it left now

On this link, I got....
eurosport84, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. :eek::confused::confused:

On this link, I got....

eurosport84, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. :eek::confused::confused:
That thread is in the WUT section.

R.I.P. The Tube

When The Tube was the hot thing on FTA, everyone loved it.
Then, it came to commercial television in Los Angeles as channel 5.5, a subcarrier of KTLA.
Think that was a year or two ago.
It lasted maybe six (?) months, then died. :(

Shame, too. Made great background music for when ya had nothing to do.
. . . thought, I must admit: I probably had most of the albums they played. :)

There are 2 TV stations, in different "Out of Market's", I'm able to get that still has an apology on there former Tube sub-channel. Seems like wasted bandwidth to me? I think they should either cut-off the sub-channel and give the HD side more bandwidth, or put something like White Springs TV or America One or something similar. Unfortunately, both cities have other stations which have publicly said RTN was coming to them, so these 2 stations can't get RTN......
It's sad the way some tv stations are run......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)