Retrojams

Status
Please reply by conversation.

badhat

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Moses Lake, WA
Quick question probably asked hundreds of times. I just missed it. Ok I am currently tuned into 12114/V/4444 Vid PID 101 Audio PID 8191 PCR PID 101 SID 1. Just thought I would give all the info. :) Anyhow... I have the optical out from my Fortec Mercury II to my Pioneer surround sound system. On 97W I can definitely tell the channels using the fancy audio. But on G18 Retrojams I have no audio at all. Even on the other transponder and channel I have no audio (12113/V/4344). Any knowledge or ideas on this? Am I the only one is what I am wondering.

Sadly its no longer Retrojams...just another RTN affiliate.

I know I had to manually add it on my Coolsat 5000 via ChannelMaster....I think the Merc II & Classic you have to do that also...I dont remember the process but hopefully someone chimes in

Try changing the Audio PID to 102, per Lyngsat

that wont work....you have to tell it to be AC-3 and editing the audio pid via the receiver wont do that...have to use a channel editor...they have an option to say "AC3"

What I do on my Pansat when I don't want to use channel editor software is put in the Vpid toggle to Pcr pid and tell it to autoscan the transponder. This usually sets the AC3 flag and finds the right Apid. The Mercury 2 may work that way too.

Doh I never did get to experience that channel for what it was. I spent too long on 97W. Maybe one day they will make it what it was again. :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts