Return lnb?

blts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2008
WNY
I am switching to Direct TV from Dish and was wondering if Dish will make me send back their Dish or lnb from the EA setup they installed at my cottage? I own all of my receivers and the dish's and lnb's at my main home so I won't have to worry about them.

When you disconnect simply tell them that you don't have access to the lnbs, they are on the roof. They will tell you to forget them...

Whether you own or lease your receivers, LNB's are returned to Dish when you cancel. They might not ask for them back if you say they are unreachable, but they might.

S~

I have purchased and installed all my own dishes and LNBs, so I should not be required to return them, dish would have no idea what I even have installed. Your assumption about owned is completely wrong. Also have various switches that I have also purchased, never have had a need for a install or service call from dish.

If you installed the dish and paid for it yourself from a 3rd party, dish does not want it. They only want lnb's and switches that came from them. I just replaced 2 wing dishes (500's) and a super dish for a 1000.4 . they only took the lnbs from the super dish, trashed the rest of the dish and did not worry about the original switch as I had replaced it with a Dps 44 (whatever the model was, it was the 44 and original one was a 34) but I said I did not know where the 34 switch was. They said it wasn't worth anything to them anymore. I have the other two dishes with their lnbs in my garage taking up space.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)