returning customer to D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rgaines

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
Houston
I received a letter from Direct tv saying that they want me back as a customer. So I called to see if they have an offer comparable to Dish Networks. Well the answer I got was basically no. So my question is does anybody know if Direct tv plans to offer a deal similar to Dish Networks for a free HD DVR? All D* had was a $100 instant rebate, so the HD DVR would be $199. Ouch! When I asked why they didn't have a compareable offer the rep. said that Dish Network use referb HD DVR's. Sounds kind of like and empty answer. I just can't pay $199 for a receiver when Dish Network will give you one.

Thanks.

I received a letter from Direct tv saying that they want me back as a customer. So I called to see if they have an offer comparable to Dish Networks. Well the answer I got was basically no. So my question is does anybody know if Direct tv plans to offer a deal similar to Dish Networks for a free HD DVR? All D* had was a $100 instant rebate, so the HD DVR would be $199. Ouch! When I asked why they didn't have a compareable offer the rep. said that Dish Network use referb HD DVR's. Sounds kind of like and empty answer. I just can't pay $199 for a receiver when Dish Network will give you one.

Thanks.

Im very surprised they are still charging that much.

And to the rep's answer, Only HR20 I ever got new was the first month they were out. Refurbs are part of the business, they fix em and put em back out in the field.

You should call back a few more times, I always found it was best to call D* until you get a better offer.

Thanks.

I read that E* is charging folks $100 to upgrade to a receiver (622?) that will work with your voom and other new mpeg4 stations. You said D* offered you a HD dvr for $199. E* charges $20 for HD access and D* charges $10 for HD access. Looks to me that in the long run D* HD is going to save you some money! It's $99 more to go to a D* dvr but at a $10 savings each month with D* in 10 months you would be even and from then on saving $10 a month for HD access. Even if you could talk E* into giving you a free HD dvr (rebate or whatever) you would save the $200 in HD access cost in 20 months with D* and be even. :)

I read that E* is charging folks $100 to upgrade to a receiver (622?) that will work with your voom and other new mpeg4 stations. You said D* offered you a HD dvr for $199. E* charges $20 for HD access and D* charges $10 for HD access. Looks to me that in the long run D* HD is going to save you some money! It's $99 more to go to a D* dvr but at a $10 savings each month with D* in 10 months you would be even and from then on saving $10 a month for HD access. Even if you could talk E* into giving you a free HD dvr (rebate or whatever) you would save the $200 in HD access cost in 20 months with D* and be even. :)

Not exactly.

E* bill for AT250/ViP622/HD/Prot Plan $90.00
D* Bill for Choice Xtra/Sports pack/HR20/HD/Prot Plan is $89

Long story short is, price is very comparable.

I also see that is quite common for a returning customer to get programming credits of various types.

Ive noticed if you call and say "hey Im thinking of switching from Comcast", they will hook you up sometimes.

No too many good deals on D*'s site right now unless you get some sports stuff.

No too many good deals on D*'s site right now unless you get some sports stuff.

I wouln't say that. I just came back to D* and received a pretty good deal. I received the HR20 for free and two credits of $10. One for 12 months and the other for 10. I also recived free HBO, Showtime and Starz for the fist 6 months.

I wouln't say that. I just came back to D* and received a pretty good deal. I received the HR20 for free and two credits of $10. One for 12 months and the other for 10. I also recived free HBO, Showtime and Starz for the fist 6 months.

That sounds good! I'd like to know how you got that.

Call again and tell them this is what your neighbor just got for coming back and you want to come back now too. If they don't get you, then keep trying.

I've called twice and still I get the same response. I just don't understand how they can just let Dish Network walk all over them with the offer of a FREE HD DVR.

I just called and said that I wanted to switch and asked what type of deal they would offer me. They transfered me to retention because I guess they also deal with returning customers. I then mentioned that others were getting this deal and they had no problems giving it to me also.

Hope everything works out.

I just called and said that I wanted to switch and asked what type of deal they would offer me. They transfered me to retention because I guess they also deal with returning customers. I then mentioned that others were getting this deal and they had no problems giving it to me also.

Hope everything works out.

They did ask for those peoples names to look at there accounts to see if they really got that deal?

I got the same deal as the poster above only with an HR20 and H20. (2 credits of $10. One for 12 months and the other for 10 months plus 3 months of free HBO, Sho and Starz).

It took me 3 calls, but 3rd time was the charm.

Its all about who you talk to and what you say, I too have gotten those deals. Free HR-20, free h20 programming credits. I never asked for them free per say, i just told them what I would pay and what i could get elswhere. Usually its retention that gives these deals out

Thanks.
Dishnetwork will give you one? I'm with dishnetwork. All I got was piece of junk DVR's I've had to return 3 so far. Causes a problem when I work nights and I can't record anything while I'm waiting for a new replacement DVR. Less grief paying $199 for a new one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)