Returning to DTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

talos4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 26, 2005
SE Wisconsin
I've been in the cable morass for the past 4 years, I finally have the opportunity to return to DTV.

That being said I have a little catching up to do on the hardware end. My last gear consisted of an HR-21/100 an AM-21, utilizing a AU-9 Slimline dish. I was also pretty active in the CE program.

Is there a quick primer on the new DVR's? genie, whole home? Dish's, etc.

Will my AM-21 still work?

DTV's website is a little short on technical details.

Thanks!

genie - hr-44 5 tuners, best unit they have
for ota you still need an am-21

there are clients that will use a tuner from the genie, dont get em
either get other dvr's (hr-24) or just regular units (h24, h25)

A minor change is that if you use an original AM21 (as opposed to the AM21N) with the Genie, you won't be able to use the loop-through power cord configuration.

As mentioned above, the HR44 (Genie) is the best one out at the moment, skip the clients, unless thgey are going to rooms you rarely use.

I would recommend the Genie (they are 5 tuner) and a HR24 DVR, this way if anything should happen with the Genie, you still have the HR24 to work with ... If you get clients, they run off the Genie, so if the Genie goes down for some reason, so do the clients., also the clients when on, use a tuner from the 5 you get in the genie.

Hook up the AM21 and keep you OTA set up going, it will work fine.

I left for a few months, just came back. I have an HR-44, and 3 mini Genie clients. Couldn't be happier with the technology and the low foot print of the receivers.

I've been in the cable morass for the past 4 years, I finally have the opportunity to return to DTV.

That being said I have a little catching up to do on the hardware end. My last gear consisted of an HR-21/100 an AM-21, utilizing a AU-9 Slimline dish. I was also pretty active in the CE program.

Is there a quick primer on the new DVR's? genie, whole home? Dish's, etc.

Will my AM-21 still work?

DTV's website is a little short on technical details.

Thanks!
Talos4, if you were a previous DTV customer, and if you are coming back you might want to mention WBK22 which gives you free genie whole-home HD DVR upgrade for up to 4 rooms, free installation, 2014 included, plus 3 months premiums, and up to 200 dollars back for any early termination fee you need to pay your current provider. Also the will discount whichever package you choose for 1 year.

Hey Thanks everyone. At least I can still use the AM-21. I will be going for the genie client for my office that will be nice. I know how it works when trying to get the newest gear from the installers.

Thanks again. Good to be back!

Hey Thanks everyone. At least I can still use the AM-21. I will be going for the genie client for my office that will be nice. I know how it works when trying to get the newest gear from the installers.

Thanks again. Good to be back!
FYI, If you belong to AAA, they offer some excellent discounts for DTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)