ReUsing Access Cards

Status
Please reply by conversation.

artbuc

Original poster
Jul 7, 2009
Pennsylvania
I am selling two Hughes SD-HBH boxes on ebay. I don't know what to do with the access cards. I have read that I should not include them because they can't be used anyway and they contain confidential info. However, I see where some sellers offer them. Also, I have read conflicting info that says DirecTV will allow a new user to reactivate the old access cards.

Should I sell the boxes with or without the access cards? Thanks.

I am selling two Hughes SD-HBH boxes on ebay. I don't know what to do with the access cards. I have read that I should not include them because they can't be used anyway and they contain confidential info. However, I see where some sellers offer them. Also, I have read conflicting info that says DirecTV will allow a new user to reactivate the old access cards.

Should I sell the boxes with or without the access cards? Thanks.

It's up to you, but I would.
There is no info that the avg. person can get off of them, so don't worry about that.

D* does NOT allow a NEW sub to have a USED rec. as the initial rec'r to start with, it would have to go to someone that has an account already open with them.

There is a 95% chance that whoever buy's the rec'r , they will be required to get a new AC from D* anyways.

It's up to you, but I would.
There is no info that the avg. person can get off of them, so don't worry about that.

D* does NOT allow a NEW sub to have a USED rec. as the initial rec'r to start with, it would have to go to someone that has an account already open with them.

There is a 95% chance that whoever buy's the rec'r , they will be required to get a new AC from D* anyways.

Thanks for the quick response. Just looked at the AC. It says "This card is the property of DIRECTV...". I guess I can't sell it, strictly speaking, because It doesn't belong to me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)