REUTERS - WB to Announce Blu Only

Microsoft is set to introduce a new 360 with an HD-DVD player built in.. Im sure they invested quite a bit into this. I expect them to do something to counter act this... what? I don't know. But Microsoft wont just sit by and let HD-DVD die. Personally, I wont invest a dime into anything that goes to SONY. If that means staying with DVD until their patent expires, so be it.
Any proof? Link?

I had the VHS tape, the laser disc, the special edition LD and the DVD.

Had the VHS. Watched em all back to back on dvd so did not feel the need to buy them. Would buy the set on BD though. I guess Im just gonna sit on any planned HDDVD purchases (Bourne) until a few mo's pass. I want to see what Universal does. Im still pissed at Paramount.

Had the VHS. Watched em all back to back on dvd so did not feel the need to buy them. Would buy the set on BD though. I guess Im just gonna sit on any planned HDDVD purchases (Bourne) until a few mo's pass. I want to see what Universal does. Im still pissed at Paramount.

Why you have a HD-DVD player just pick up the paramount films. Unless you are showing bias.

It's not like you cant watch the movies even after the format goes away.

Perfect timing!!! My PS3 40GB arrived this afternoon and will soon be put into service, along with it's two 60GBs big brothers, as premium game/BD/folding work horses. It looks like I made the right decision...along with the rest of the linear thinking world. Anyway, I just blew the dust off of my $98 Walmart HD DVD players in the hope that my 10 free HD DVDs will arrive sometime this spring. Hopefully, I will be able to pick-up a few dozen HD DVDs in the $1 bin when they announce the fire sale...which is why I purchased them.:)

Why you have a HD-DVD player just pick up the paramount films. Unless you are showing bias.

It's not like you cant watch the movies even after the format goes away.

I bought the A2 when it was $98 because Paramount had gone exclusive and I was setting in for the long haul. Also, many 2008 movies are going to be Paramount and Universal.

Im holding off:

1) Because if Universal goes neutral then its REALLY over and I can get Bourne on BD

2) Since HDDVD is most likely dead, why buy movies I cant watch after my A2 dies.

Im just gonna buy BD's only for now. Iron Man, Hulk and Hellboy would be buys if they are still exclusive. I own two bournes on dvd and the 3rd can wait.

I'm looking forward to finally seeing "Children of Men" on HBO HD tonight. I almost broke down yesterday and got the SD DVD at Best Buy the other day. So glad I didn't.

What happen to WB saying the were staying purple? They lied then...Why lie to everyone

That was a nasty lie, since I bought Potter. I'm glad I didn't buy Blade Runner. I psuedo know how the Blubloods feel after Paramount. However, we have fully speced machines. They expected :confused: to buy new machines a year later.

I can deal with Bill Hunt being right, but Swanni and Blockbuster? :mad: That's just beyond painful!

Wonder how much BDA paid WB?

I think they turned down a LARGE amount from HDDVD/M$, but I think M$ screwed that deal with exclusivity for downloads.

That was a nasty lie, since I bought Potter. I'm glad I didn't buy Blade Runner. I psuedo know how the Blubloods feel after Paramount. However, we have fully speced machines. They expected :confused: to buy new machines a year later.

I can deal with Bill Hunt being right, but Swanni and Blockbuster? :mad: That's just beyond painful!

Hehe, Swanni's gotta get something right every now and then.

I hope netflix will start heading pro BD, maybe that way we wont have "short wait" on most HD releases :(

All I can say is WOW. I only wish they would have made this choice prior to releasing HP. I was debating on which version to purchase, I guess I picked the wrong one. :mad:

I just sure hope that this does put this stupid war to an end.

Just listed some BD and HDDVD's in the Classifieds

Sony hosing PS3ers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)