Sony hosing PS3ers.

Suprisingly I KIND OF agree with this post.
It really doesnt make sense to cut the capabilities without a cut in price.

I have the original 60 gig model though, so it doesnt effect me

I love my 40G! It's an awesome BD player and more. I didn't own a PS2, so bw campatibility not a problem (though it does play my gf's old PS1 games). I almost feel guilty about everything I'm getting for $400. Thank you Mr. Stringer! Thank you! Next time you're at the San Diego headquarters, give me a call and I'll buy you lunch.

Suprisingly I KIND OF agree with this post.
It really doesnt make sense to cut the capabilities without a cut in price.

I have the original 60 gig model though, so it doesnt effect me
I think they have decided that its time to make money and sell games. Having systems out there that do not require new game purchases is something they want to end.

So buy an 80GB version if you want to play PS2 games. Getting pretty desperate for things to slam Sony over, aren't we?

Many used 60GBs (and 20s) if you look around. It is not like it is a hard thing to do. Obviously Sony figured it is better to cut the price $100 than provide backwards compatibility. It is not rocket science, it is just marketing. The PS2 compatibility marketing was not selling PS3.

Hell, I'll sell my 20gig and 80ig versions and buy a couple 40gig models if people are gonna be craving the BC

Yepp, good ol vurbano doing the same thing he gets on everyone else for.

BTW, as much as you keep up with things, we all knew this was coming.

So buy an 80GB version if you want to play PS2 games. Getting pretty desperate for things to slam Sony over, aren't we?
No actually its getting quite easy to see that they are gearing up into profit taking mode now.

There was a quote when the US versions dropped BC stating that it was not much of if any of a cost cutting move, but instead said that since there were expected to be "over 65" titles available by Christmas that it was a feature they did not need to promote any further.

I heard the new PS3's are gonna have sandpaper in them if they detect a PS2 game in the console. Price will however be upped to $430 for this version.

Ideally the 60gb, which has been discontinued for even longer :(

If current new models had the BC that the 60gb did, I'd own a PS3 already.

I never owned a PS2, and there are a few franchises I'd like to get caught up on (ie Kingdom Hearts, God of War, half dozen misc RPGs)

PlayStation.com

Hey vurbano, what does this have to do in this section?
If anything this should be in the video games section.

How much did Sony lose on the PS3 last quarter?:rolleyes:

How many ways can you twist things around? He was responding to your lambasting of Sony for trying to start making a profit, and now you're lambasting them for not making one.

Not that we needed any more proof, but you're going to complain about Sony no matter what they're doing. The only real question that remains is why do we bother to listen?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts