Review of DIRECTV wireless GENIE client and Wireless Video Bridge

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My 2 cents..
I'd like to have the wireless bridge and one C41W. Usually, it would be off, but would be nice for portability (If I wanted to take a TV outside), or if my wife decided to rearrange and I needed a TV away from a convenient Coax cable.
I wouldn't want to use up the tuners on the Genie, but having that extra "wiggle room" when or if I needed it would be nice.
(and yeah, I know it's really spelled "wriggle").. LOL

This would be the only reason I'd want a wireless ANYTHING. I've never been a fan of wireless, I believe wired is the best method on most things but HSP is allowed genies so it doesn't matter anyways

This would be the only reason I'd want a wireless ANYTHING. I've never been a fan of wireless, I believe wired is the best method on most things but HSP is allowed genies so it doesn't matter anyways

Funny I have one on mine lol.... I grandfathered myself however... But I cant upgrade to a client, not that I would want to, and I have a feeling, these are going to pay us next to nothing, prolly 3bucks to an orange guy. If that.

Oooh this is interesting, I can move around a TV with no worries about coax! I hope it's not a wallet killer though.

Funny I have one on mine lol.... I grandfathered myself however... But I cant upgrade to a client, not that I would want to, and I have a feeling, these are going to pay us next to nothing, prolly 3bucks to an orange guy. If that.

Our market is weird. We get nothing to install a wifi deca but they'll give us an extra $15 for a genie go. Seems legit. I was talking with my ops manager today about getting genies. He said he thinks they'll let us soon but they'll prolly make us swap all other equipment for clients. I myself will stick with the HDDVRS. I don't want a bunch of clients, I honestly can't stand them. They drive me crazy just having to deal with them lol

I actually had a C-41 bairly working the other day wirelessly with (2) Sling Link Adaptors and (2) Decas.

It worked, but the picture kept on freezing.

Ended up using a piece of crappy RG59 that was already installed, as there was no way to run a new wire.

Thank god the clients only need to operate at 600 MHZ.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts