Reviews: SatHawk PVR800 WorldDVB DVB-S2 HD FTA Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is not good!Sadoun says early next week on 800 shipment and when i called alittle while ago a saleswoman said Hopefully end of next week.I was planning on some future buying with sadoun sat but this issue isnt making it easier for me.

This is not good!Sadoun says early next week on 800 shipment and when i called alittle while ago a saleswoman said Hopefully end of next week.I was planning on some future buying with sadoun sat but this issue isnt making it easier for me.

Hmmm. Perhaps that's the same saleswoman who told me "...this afternoon or tomorrow..." when I ordered one on March 31. ;)

So reading between the lines one doesn't know if the manufacturer is releasing new software from his email? Sounds like it's on hold or not at all. It would be nice from them to hear say,what you have now is as good as it gets, or we're working on the issues that some of you emailed us about. Like I said give it to me straight I'm an FTA'er I can handle stress lol....Blind

So reading between the lines one doesn't know if the manufacturer is releasing new software from his email? Sounds like it's on hold or not at all. It would be nice from them to hear say,what you have now is as good as it gets, or we're working on the issues that some of you emailed us about. Like I said give it to me straight I'm an FTA'er I can handle stress lol....Blind

True. I prefer when sadoun and manufacturers tell us, there is nothing coming rather than tell us, new software is coming which never comes. I hate to hope hopelessly. Just tell us there is no software coming or tell us, new software will be available on the X date.

Not to identify this statement with any particular vendor, please, but there sure seems to be a lot of stuff in this hobby that's brown and the other cows step in it. ;)

True. I prefer when sadoun and manufacturers tell us, there is nothing coming rather than tell us, new software is coming which never comes. I hate to hope hopelessly. Just tell us there is no software coming or tell us, new software will be available on the X date.

Sadoun taking alot of Flack

boy Sadoun taking alot of flack
lets see he's kept his hands clean the past few years when others were making lot's of $$ doing ..........
sells alot of good products most of my Ku set-up is from him.and his customer service second to none.
and now he brings us the first box of any meaning in the past year and a half in North America.
IF you don't think he is doing the best he can you don't know the man.
we have enough members around with some knowledge that can see what any new box could be, but yet alot of things that could be done are never done.
this and other boxes as they first come out are a gamble for most sellers and all buyers for real FTA.and price means nothing be it high or low on how the box will end up.
know a few here that waited a long time to go HD and did not expect this(motor switch AC), and i feel for them.some are just gamblers.
if he can Sadoun will fix this box.
good luck
Sadoun

ps. quit gambling after pre ordering the pansat 9000. A pansat without a blind scan are you kidding me LOL

I've only been at this hobby about a year, but sloppy coding seems to be a recurring theme in fta receivers. It appears to me that there's a disconnect between the needs of fta hobbyists on one side of the planet and the Asian receiver manufacturers on the other side. I think many of them became attracted to the hacker market and started designing receivers to serve that market at the expense of true fta functionality. It's also the reason most hd fta receivers are so outrageously over-priced. Just my two cents.

The number of views and posts on this topic shows there is a huge interest on this receiver. if I were the manufacturer, i will hurry to provide a firmware update.

I am still interested to buy one just for the speedy blindscan capability then feed to my Azbox, but, the basic motor function and Diseqc switching have to work flawlessly first.

Someone mentioned a disconnect between needs of hobbyists and manufacturers preference for hackers which is bang on in my opinion as well.

The number of views and posts on this topic shows there is a huge interest on this receiver. if I were the manufacturer, i will hurry to provide a firmware update.

"Huge Interest" is overstating it quite a bit. I'd be surprised if they could sell a thousand units in North America . Nobody's going to get rich on that sort of volume, nor is it worth a manufacturer's time to embellish an existing system, for a niche market. The secret is to find the receiver that does what you want, and buy THAT box.
The downside is perhaps you will NEVER find a single box that does JUST what you want.
I have had a number of stb's in the few years I've been in this hobby, and so far, the AZbox is the best single one. That being said, I rarely use mine, because my CS8000's with older stb's for blindscan are more convenient to use than the AZbox. For special feeds, since my PC is already turned on, it's easier to use the skywalker-1 or Profs 7500 , than add a channel to the Azbox. Sadoun has tried to fill our demand for a low cost, HD stb that will fill most of our needs, and he went out on a limb to do so. Beat him up, and see how many others are going to step up and take risks for such a small market.

:)

Hi guys,

Thanks to those who are waiting for their pre-ordered receiver to arrive. I am expecting the shipment in the USA around the middle of next week. To make up for the delay, I will offer $20 credit to those who ordered from this last batch and still waiting. PM me (by 4/21/10) your order number and we will issue the credit upon shipping.

There is still no fix in the software on combining a DiSEqC switch and Motor at the same time. This is a priority for the factory to get this fixed. The latest F/W update I received from the factory still does not resolve this issue. The F/W is still considered beta until some of these improvements are done.

Please note that buying and using this receiver from us is subject to our user terms and conditions listed here: http://sadoun.com/Sat/terms-and-conditions.htm

Last edited:
There is still no fix in the software on combining a DiSEqC switch and Motor at the same time. This is a priority for the factory to get this fixed. The latest F/W update I received from the factory still does not resolve this issue. The F/W is still considered beta until some of these improvements are done.

Shall I assume from the "america" in the filename that the 0325 version on your website has had the American satellites added as the previous version did? I already downloaded another 0325 version from a European site and didn't find any improvements that mattered to me, plus it only had the European satellites.

Shall I assume from the "america" in the filename that the 0325 version on your website has had the American satellites added as the previous version did? I already downloaded another 0325 version from a European site and didn't find any improvements that mattered to me, plus it only had the European satellites.

What got fixed in the 0325 version? I'll go ahead and use it if it fixed the clock, ie make it so that it remembers the time.

HELP WANTED! One good linux programmer. This sounds like a great receiver that just needs a few software tweaks. Surely there's one person in this hobby on this side of the globe that can fix linux code. Just one ... anybody?

Sadoun,
Thanks for the updates and the new firmware. We really do appreciate your business - Always !!.
Anybody tried out the new firmware ( beta )? Apart from the new satellite list, any other changes?

I don't think the firmware is new. I had it a week ago. (See post #761.)
I have been running it without any issues.

You can use the channel editor to upload your current firmware and channel list. This will enable you to immediately restore your system if you do not like the 325 file.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts