Reviews: SatHawk PVR800 WorldDVB DVB-S2 HD FTA Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I could actually live with only motor support, since I removed my switches from the main receivers on the motorized dishes. I can't live with this box until it decodes AC-3 to the audio jacks, though. We'll just wait and see.
:)

now with pretty much all the DBS stuff gone too I could live with just motor....and it does work pretty well on a motor

now with pretty much all the DBS stuff gone too I could live with just motor....and it does work pretty well on a motor

I use the dual C/Ku Lnb on my motorized 6ft dish to receive both C and Ku. That Lnb has a Diseqc switch in it to switch from C to Ku. I can't live without a motor/Switch combo.

Sanjap, I use a Geosat C/Ku on my 8 footer too. My issue is that my 8 foot dish is too close to the house to get anything below 87W on C band or Ku. I use the Fortec receiver and my 30" ku for 72W thru 83W. If the motor switch issue doesn't work I might have to move the big dish....uurrrghh...Blind

He can only post what he is told.

This guy seems to know the most...
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...-hd-pvr800-feature-dvb-s2-15.html#post2133635

I don't see a single mention of "Linux" on my Unit or Box, not even a little penguin.
And I didn't see "Linux" mentioned on any of the other Sister / Clone units he lists, I'll draw my own conclusions.

Went to that post and it says "Its not linux its an RTOS". However, there is a linux-based RTOS called RTLinux. According to wiki, "RTLinux or RTCore is a hard realtime RTOS microkernel that runs the entire Linux operating system as a fully preemptive process. More info than I care to read on the subject can be found searching linuxdevices.com.

Sanjap, I use a Geosat C/Ku on my 8 footer too. My issue is that my 8 foot dish is too close to the house to get anything below 87W on C band or Ku. I use the Fortec receiver and my 30" ku for 72W thru 83W. If the motor switch issue doesn't work I might have to move the big dish....uurrrghh...Blind

can u show some picture to us ,tell us how to develop the firmware to solve motor and DiSEqC the same time to work?

maybe the next version we will update the function.thanks!!

BR
peter

I think the price is high. (Order from China for $149 Shipped via EMS)

This box seems to be a copy/clone of the dreambox 800hd.

Hey wallyhts, Sorry to bother you but what site did you see that on? Ive been on aliexpress.com and dhgate.com and havent seen anything like that price unless you order a lot shipment?

As a BUD owner, I have been using my old Uniden 4400 as a dish positioner/polarity controller for years, so the Diseqc motor issues aren't a show stopper here.:D
I know from doing some research on switches the Diseqc control specs are pretty well documented - is there something non standard in the way Diseqc positioners interpret the commands? :confused:

PeterHD,
I can work with you in developing the motor/switch combo. Below are some pictures of my setup with another receiver that supports motor/switch combo

SH103685.JPG : My C/Ku lnb with an inbuilt DiseqC switch to switch between C and Ku band.

SH103691.JPG: Antenna Setup screen showing Diseqc switch or 22Khz Switch Sections.

SH103692.JPG: Position setting highlighted where USALS can be selected or DiseqC 1.2 motor. Selecting DiseqC 1.2 and entering takes you to the next screen in picture below.

SH103693.JPG : DiseqC setting where motor can be driven east or west, stored etc.

I have also attached documents about the DiseqC positioner commands as well as documents on the diseqc switch commands. In summary, since these 2 commands are different they can be sent together irrespective or processor power.
Let me know if you have any questions or need any help. I am a programmer myself and can chip in on algorithms.

Attachments

• SH103685.JPG
    SH103685.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 187
  • SH103691.JPG
    SH103691.JPG
    951.3 KB · Views: 162
  • SH103692.JPG
    SH103692.JPG
    847.6 KB · Views: 167
  • SH103693.JPG
    SH103693.JPG
    837.2 KB · Views: 139
  • positioner_appli_notice.pdf
    256.2 KB · Views: 156
  • applic_info_PIC_microcontroller.pdf
    137.5 KB · Views: 157
Sadoun posted a new software on his site...IIRC this one just gives you the Western satellite list
(I remember using this before)

Actually the one he posted a few days ago is better than the last one -- not only does it have the Western satellite list, but it also has transponders for all of them!

Now what we need is for someone to take the new version from the other thread (you know, the one that the manufacturer said he was going to give to Sadoun, with the support for saving your data) and build a Western satellite list for it.

I did notice one other thing with Sadoun's new version, or at least I think I did. I think it seems to be doing a worse job of locking low-symbol-rate transponders. It's always had a problem with SRs under 2700 or so on a blind scan (usually, it finds them on a single transponder scan if the signal strength is good), but now it seems to be hit or miss on finding RTPi on AMC4 and that's not only over 3000 but has a huge signal in my area.

Actually the one he posted a few days ago is better than the last one -- not only does it have the Western satellite list, but it also has transponders for all of them!

Now what we need is for someone to take the new version from the other thread (you know, the one that the manufacturer said he was going to give to Sadoun, with the support for saving your data) and build a Western satellite list for it.

I did notice one other thing with Sadoun's new version, or at least I think I did. I think it seems to be doing a worse job of locking low-symbol-rate transponders. It's always had a problem with SRs under 2700 or so on a blind scan (usually, it finds them on a single transponder scan if the signal strength is good), but now it seems to be hit or miss on finding RTPi on AMC4 and that's not only over 3000 but has a huge signal in my area.

Does it fix the clock so the receiver remembers the time when you turn it off? Thanks.

Does it fix the clock so the receiver remembers the time when you turn it off? Thanks.

No.

I found another bug which should really be fixed, but it's probably not a new bug because I just got a motor. I've complained before about how sometimes when you exit the menus after a scan, it puts you in the all-satellite channel list rather than the satellite you've just scanned. Now that I've got my motor, I've found that sometimes after a scan, when it puts you in the all-channel list instead of the right list, even though you're on a channel from the satellite you just scanned, it thinks it needs to move the motor again.

No.

I found another bug which should really be fixed, but it's probably not a new bug because I just got a motor. I've complained before about how sometimes when you exit the menus after a scan, it puts you in the all-satellite channel list rather than the satellite you've just scanned. Now that I've got my motor, I've found that sometimes after a scan, when it puts you in the all-channel list instead of the right list, even though you're on a channel from the satellite you just scanned, it thinks it needs to move the motor again.

Thanks for letting me know. I'm lucky I let my old analog receiver do my positioning. That would really be annoying.

Bugs

I don't think we should give Sadoun so much greaf about this unit it's not bad priced for a HD BLIND scan receiver. It can be bought for less from the manufacture as I did 127.00 shipped (85.00 for the box) but what do I do if it breaks spend the $25.00 to $35.00 to send it back. And most likely I would have to pay to get it back. Sadoun takes all the calls and complaints and warranty problems. I like the box so far for the money, the remote works poorly and I removed the window from the front of it. The only thing I need to do is get a lnb that will get both c and ku for it. From what I have read some thing like that will work with the current workings of this box. I am some what new to to the c band world so if some one could point me to a c/ku lnb that would work with this that would be great. I am using the Sathak, gbox 10' unimesh eagle Aspen lnb.

I have always had good service with Sadoun and they do need to make money to stay in bussness.

Beat me me up if you don't like my point of view, it,s still America:usa

The only thing I need to do is get a lnb that will get both c and ku for it. From what I have read some thing like that will work with the current workings of this box. I am some what new to to the c band world so if some one could point me to a c/ku lnb that would work with this that would be great. I am using the Sathak, gbox 10' unimesh eagle Aspen lnb.

:usa

Sorry, you cannot with this box. All the c/ku lnbs out there either have a diseqc switch in them or you'll need one. And since you have a motor, this receiver will not work for you. Either you have a motor with no switches or switches with no motor. Not both.

The reason why we are giving sadoun so much grief is because this unit has alot of potential with a few software fixes. If the motor/switch issue is fixed, i am going to purchase 5 more units for my friends and family. So it is a good thing for Sadoun.

Sorry, you cannot with this box. All the c/ku lnbs out there either have a diseqc switch in them or you'll need one. And since you have a motor, this receiver will not work for you. Either you have a motor with no switches or switches with no motor. Not both.

The reason why we are giving sadoun so much grief is because this unit has alot of potential with a few software fixes. If the motor/switch issue is fixed, i am going to purchase 5 more units for my friends and family. So it is a good thing for Sadoun.

Thanks for the simple explanation of the switch motor problem.I guess the only way this receiver will work for the moment using the two bands with a motor is to have two motorized dish set ups!one for c and the other for ku and run two cables to a manual switch.I can see why this would be a problem with a one dish set up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.