Reviews: SatHawk PVR800 WorldDVB DVB-S2 HD FTA Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
New firmware

I have been having discussions with manufacture sales rep about the unit I bought from them for testing. Tonight I got new firmware with editor, also has updated user manual and Manuel for editor. Update did not fix the motor switch problem and the editor looks similar to the AZ editor some of us have been using. I updated the firmware which wiped out my channels and sats. I had saved the list from az editor that was a .abs file. I than saved it as a .udf file. Up loaded to the box changed motor setting motor and all was back. That is all I have done with it so far.
This is the response I got from rep. about updates for the Sathawk,

"I got your message this morning!
I really am grateful to your advice!
Thank you very much!

I have gotten the same advice from other USA customer!
But when we solve this problem not now, probably later.
At present, this products are selling well in Europe!
And our company take Europe as the main market.

For North Amercia, because too many requests for example, DSS, DVB, ATSC,ISDB
and so on.
Probably we will solve it later , and then go into North Amercia market!

Hope you can understand it!

We will solve it later!"

That is all I have post what you find with the new firmware.
I hope I uploaded the file ok. Let me know if I did some thing wrong

Attachments

• Sathawk pvr 800.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 144
cue Alanis Morrisette

isnt it ironic...
that the day I sell mine they come out with new software
a little too ironic
dont ya think???

:D

This appears to be* the same firmware that someone posted in the other thread. Aside from additional card emulator support (which the Europeans claim isn't working very well anyway...) I can't figure out what's changed, other than low-SR transponders seem to take longer to lock if they lock at all. I don't know how they could've changed that in software though...

*They also still don't have their act together on version numbering. The file says it's version 1243, but when I loaded the one from the other thread, the info screen says it's version 1241.

If it's the same editor, it won't work on the channel lists that you can dump from the receiver, only on a full 4-megabyte memory image. And, unless I'm somehow doing something wrong, when I tried editing some channels and loading the image back, the receiver claimed that the image was too big.

Solomend/Sathawk firmware

Sorry for the reduncey of the file post I did not see that it was out in another thread. May be combine or start one just for firmware update info.:eek:

Solomend/Sathawk firmware

I had the same problem at first until I changed the file type to udf than it loaded just fine. The box is a complete work in progress, and we are doing the work.

Enjoying my new gadget

Got my SatHawk yesterday. Updated the firmware to 325 and have been enjoying seeing the SD channels in 480i instead of NTSC from my old Fortec and the HD seems to work as advertised.
Since my BUD aiming and polarity is controlled by another box, the SatHawk only has to handle the Diseqc C/Ku switch, which it does fine.
Thanks Sadoun.:D

Dido!! on the above statement.I got the Solomend PVR 800 which is the same as the sat hawk a few days ago and just starting to zoom in and get channels.I am a big RTV fan and that was one of the first to try out! getting a Sig of 88 and quality of around 65.The only thing i don't care for alot is the remote!its abit flimsy.

Dido!! on the above statement.I got the Solomend PVR 800 which is the same as the sat hawk a few days ago and just starting to zoom in and get channels.I am a big RTV fan and that was one of the first to try out! getting a Sig of 88 and quality of around 65.The only thing i don't care for alot is the remote!its abit flimsy.

Stanley, you got yours from China correct?

If I had not used the money to get my Neusat, which I do like, I would get me a SatHawk, I have a 922 to move my dish, I would like to have the S-2 and 8PSK, as I recall it does do that correct?
Terry

HELP MY PANSAT 9200 JUST DIED CAN THE SATHAWK RECORD S2 HIGH BIT RATES WOUT PROPBLEMS? 30MB
AND THE PC TRANSFER TOTHE PC IS IT WO PROBLEMS ALSO CAN THE RECORDED CONTENT BE EASILY READ BY WINDOWS

PLEASE HELP

HELP MY PANSAT 9200 JUST DIED CAN THE SATHAWK RECORD S2 HIGH BIT RATES WOUT PROPBLEMS? 30MB
AND THE PC TRANSFER TOTHE PC IS IT WO PROBLEMS ALSO CAN THE RECORDED CONTENT BE EASILY READ BY WINDOWS
Nope. :( The only receiver that I know that could record the High Bit Rate stuff was the Pansat. You could get a fast PC and DVB-S2 Card.

Afterthought: What about the VisionSat? units, can they record the High Bit Rate stuff.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)