Reviews: SatHawk PVR800 WorldDVB DVB-S2 HD FTA Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Connect the external hard drive to your computer and see if the recorded file is on the hard drive. If the file is on the drive, then recheck where you are looking for it in the receiver's menu. The owner's manual gives a pretty good description of locating a recorded file.

It is a good idea to back the receiver's data up so it can be reloaded when needed.

Thanks for the reply, Greg.
I've noticed the manual on Sadoun's site shows a lot of menu items that no longer exist or were changed in version 325.
Does anyone know if an updated manual (in English) is out there anywhere?
Also, can you point me towards info on backing up my settings?

Guys,
For those who want to use the C/Ku lnb on a single motorized dish with this receiver, I have a work around that should work with a 22k switch and a motor.

1. First, connect both terminals from the lnbs to the 22k switch. ( I'll advice you not to use a Universal ku lnb.)
2. From 22khz switch connect to motor or to Gbox.
3. Setup Antenna as " Motor Antenna" on Receiver
4. Configure the lnb as Universal lnb but change the values from 9750/10600 to 5150/10600 ( if ku lnb is universal) or to 5150/10750 ( if ku lnb is standard)
5. Now Blindscan

Let me know if you have any questions

Thanks for the reply, Greg.
I've noticed the manual on Sadoun's site shows a lot of menu items that no longer exist or were changed in version 325.
Does anyone know if an updated manual (in English) is out there anywhere?
Also, can you point me towards info on backing up my settings?

Then 402 file has some new things added that are not in the 325 file.
In the instruction manual that is found on Sadoun's website, Pages 27 and 28 have the recorded file information. Look in the Record Manager menu for your recorded file.
You can download the channel editor program in the link.

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/374637125/Solomend800_Loader_Editor.rar

Then 402 file has some new things added that are not in the 325 file.
In the instruction manual that is found on Sadoun's website, Pages 27 and 28 have the recorded file information. Look in the Record Manager menu for your recorded file.
You can download the channel editor program in the link.

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/374637125/Solomend800_Loader_Editor.rar

Greg,
Where can i get the 402 file?

The 402 should be in the other thread. Here is an unzipped link:
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/381757824/HDS2_CMT_1004020527.abs

Guys,
For those who want to use the C/Ku lnb on a single motorized dish with this receiver, I have a work around that should work with a 22k switch and a motor.

1. First, connect both terminals from the lnbs to the 22k switch. ( I'll advice you not to use a Universal ku lnb.)
2. From 22khz switch connect to motor or to Gbox.
3. Setup Antenna as " Motor Antenna" on Receiver
4. Configure the lnb as Universal lnb but change the values from 9750/10600 to 5150/10600 ( if ku lnb is universal) or to 5150/10750 ( if ku lnb is standard)
5. Now Blindscan

Let me know if you have any questions

Smart. Great idea. Too bad I have 3 lbs on my Big dish... I will just go without ku circular for a while.

I have used some of the circular satellites to get EEPG or guide information, and I would probably be doing it now if I had a circular lnb installed. The Solomend has an excellent guide.

Sanjap, Thanks for the Excellent idea!!! I will remember that universal trick and try it sometime. I think you could use an universal ku lnb if you installed it on the 22KHz ON side of the switch and used 10600 for lnb freq. I plan to try it one day. GregH

Well I read the info that was posted yesterday about the switch issue. I went home last night and switched the Sathawk to motorized again and lined up each KU bird. Switched between C band and Ku---Motorized and Fixed...worked fine that way. I left it on the default Disecq setting also. The issue I think I had the other night was it defaults to universal LNB etc...I just switch it back to 10750 and its fine. Since I'm only really using two dishes now it works a little better for me. Manual PID entry would be real nice so I can put in the CW and some other stuff. Oh well there's always a work around somehow....Blind

Ok, i just killed my receiver. I loaded the Ferguson Ariva 200 firmware on my box and now it won't even boot or take the original software. Can someone help me restore my STB?

The Ferguson Ariva 200 firmware is thesame size, thesame loader, thesame editor and thesame hardware like the solomend. The loader for Ferguson Ariva 200 worked with the solomend 800PVR. Actually their circuit boards are identical. The Ferguson Ariva 200 however has a better software and can handle switch/motor.

You have not killed it. It could be repaired.
Do you have the rs232 loader?
Does the receiver have any lights on it at all when you turn it on with the back rocker switch?

Yes i have the RS232 loader and when i turn it on, it displays "On", then goes dark, nothing happens. I have tried the RS322 loader but it gives me "stb memory error". The editor is still able to download and upload channel lists with no problem.

i think you need to set it up on the pc to send it then after you click send on the pc instantly flip the back power switch.

Did you overwrite the bootloader? If so then it might be dead until you jtag it.

I also tried this and wondered why the solomend / sathawk did not boot with the ariva 200 correctly.

-------------------

Nevermind.... I just saw this post http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...-hd-pvr800-feature-dvb-s2-21.html#post2186064
You can always jtag! though

Did you do this?
i think you need to set it up on the pc to send it then after you click send on the pc instantly flip the back power switch.

Turn the receiver OFF by using the rocker switch on the back, Start the loader program with the file you want to load, Turn the receiver ON using the rocker switch after the loader program has started.

Did you do this?

Turn the receiver OFF by using the rocker switch on the back, Start the loader program with the file you want to load, Turn the receiver ON using the rocker switch after the loader program has started.

Greg and i4tas,
Thank you guys. I have restored now. It is working again !!!

DVR recording issue gets weirder

Earlier I mentioned I was having trouble with my record function - in further testing, it seems to only happen when I try to record ABC HD on Galaxy 16C. :confused:
All the other channels I've tried on multiple sats, both HD and SD, seem to record and play back fine.
I've done a reset and reloaded the firmware (325) to no avail.

Could someone else try recording this channel to a USB HDD and see what happens?

Random thoughts...

After almost a week of playing with this receiver, I thought I'd mention a few things that I haven't seen mentioned in reading the two threads on here or the manual, and elaborate on some things that I have.

-The current batch from Sadoun have a US plug--no plug adapter needed. A mini CD is included that contains the manual for the "Solomend". This is the same manual on the Sadoun website without the text added by them. Nothing else is on the CD and there is no paper manual in the box.

-The teletext implementation is fast and the color buttons on the remote control are conveniently placed for their functions in the menus.

-When tuned to a channel with teletext, the data are embedded into the VBI when video resolution is set to 576i. (I don't know about the other resolutions, because my multisystem TV can only do teletext when video resolution is 576i.) This makes me wonder if the same could be implemented in software for closed captions (on video ports other than HDMI, of course.)

-All recording is done in TP format with no menu item to change to PS format.

-A TP format recording contains channel info (PIDs, PMT, SDT, NIT, etc) and EPG data on the entire bouquet, as well as teletext data, subtitle data, and of course the video and audio data for the channel tuned. You can use a program such as Rod Hewitt's "TS Reader" to load the file to see all this data that the receiver wouldn't normally show on the info screens. You will not, however, get any indication of whether a signal is DVB-S or DVB-S2, unless the correct data is entered in one of the tables by the uplinker.

-To change a ".dvr" TP file into a format that most media programs will recognize, use a hex editor to delete the first 65535 bytes of the file and change the filename extension to ".ts".

-As of this writing AC3 raw data is not output on the coaxial S-PDIF port on channels with AC3 audio. (It did, however, work on an 8PSK channel that was breaking up, but this only happened one time and I have not been able to duplicate it on either that one channel or any strong and steady channel. Hopefully just a software issue, because I know from that one time that the hardware is capable and all other audio outputs just fine on that port.)

-The keys on the remote (with one exception) are "clicky" and take a bit more force to press than keys on my other remotes. The worst offenders are the channel change/volume change keys (or cursor wheel). My poor thumb is swollen and numb from using them so much. The one exception is the "OK" key which only needs a very light press and is preferable to the right cursor/volume up key when selecting items in menus. I know that has been mentioned before, but it bears repeating!

I will say this receiver is probably the most sensitive to signals of the ones I have.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Anyone ever have a problem with floating platforms messing up the dish?

Royal Pain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)