Reviews: SatHawk PVR800 WorldDVB DVB-S2 HD FTA Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Any word on updates for this receiver? I am tempted but there are a few bugs that are keeping me away and not too many questions are being answered about this box or its future, and that has me concerned.

Sadoun hasnt been on since the 25th
dvbworld since the 21st

I hope one of them pops in soon....hopefully with an update ;)

Sadoun should take a few minutes and update his customers on the status of this new receiver. A few questions that have been asked are listed below.

(1) Will this receiver do 4:2:2? Does this receiver have the hardware that is needed for 4:2:2? We have been waiting for an answer to this question for several weeks.

(2) When will the next batch of receivers be shipped? Your website shows on or around 2-28-2010 or 3-1-2010 depending on which page is selected.

(3) What progress is being made to update the firmware in this receiver? We realize that this receiver has been here a little over a month, but some firmware updates are needed in order to make this a decent receiver.

This receiver seems to have a lot of potential, but it will end up in the dumpster if it is not supported.

Greg

It wouldn't surprise me if Sadoun has little control over the firmware updates. :)
That being said, I have one on order ( money order payment method) and don't intend to
pull the trigger until the AC-3 audio issue is solved , and perhaps a few others. I'd only buy this box to be my primary Ku receiver ( with Azbox in the background) , and I won't buy it until it's at least as competent as the CS8000 it will be replacing.
:)

On Sadoun's website, they said that the manufacturers were on vacation for the local new year holiday. But they said that before the actual date. Do they celebrate for a period on both sides of the date? I would've thought they would pick one end or the other.

On Sadoun's website, they said that the manufacturers were on vacation for the local new year holiday. But they said that before the actual date. Do they celebrate for a period on both sides of the date? I would've thought they would pick one end or the other.

I checked his forum a few minutes ago, says manufacter, on Spring Festival
Vacation. the quote is from Admin, whether that is Sadoun, or someone
from his office, not sure. You would think they would come here to explain!

Yeal, This could be one of the best receviers on the market,Sad we don't here from anyone.

I checked his forum a few minutes ago, says manufacter, on Spring Festival
Vacation. the quote is from Admin, whether that is Sadoun, or someone
from his office, not sure. You would think they would come here to explain!

same thing....wiki shows Chinese New Year is up to 15 days so that would be the end today
Feb 15th is when it started

i guess Chinese New Year is holding up shipments i just received a email from sadoun saying it will be another week before they in stock.

Hi Guys, sorry I didn't visit this forum for a few days.

If you need to contact me, use the PM (I only have very limited storage in there), or visit our forum and post.

The factory is back from spring break. They sent me an update today. I will post it here:
SatHawk PVR800 USB HD MPEG4 DVB-S2 Satellite Receiver

Check it out.

I have forwarded all the suggestions and issues posted on this thread to them. Hopefully we will get some of the issues addressed in this and future updates.

We are expecting the new shipment to arrive by Friday. That is when we will ship backorders. Thanks for your patience.

4:2:2 is not supported

I'm looking forward to seeing what's changed in the update.

I've had this receiver for a month now and still haven't organized any of the channels on 97W, other than setting the "skip" flag on the encrypted ones. I just don't feel like sorting through all of them if there's going to be an update wiping them out as soon as I do.

I took it to mean firmware, because he said "Hopefully we will get some of the issues addressed in this and future updates."

too bad there are NO transponders listed in the TP list

so since you cant use both a switch and a motor the only thing I gained was a new list of sats
I lost everything else :mad:

I like having a list of satellites with no transponder information unless I am trying to aim a dish or calibrate a motor.

It looks like there have been two updates for this receiver in about 6 weeks which is good!!! The only bad thing is they do not seem to be fixing much with these updates.

So far I haven't been able to find anything different other than the satellite list, which is weird because this file is bigger than the previous two (which were exactly the same size even though one had the CCAM module and the other didn't.) I don't know what would account for the difference.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts