Revolution

RIght now "NEW" tv for me is limited to: BBT, The Voice, Survivor, Haven, and... well, that's pretty much it. WTH am I paying $100 per month to Dish???

My list isn't much better, outside of Live Sport, I watch CSI NY, NCIS and /LA, Haven and Revolution.
I want to get going with Person of Interest and Hawaii Five O, but haven't had time.

Gave up on Unforgettable and a few others ...
Eureka, I watched all of them and now it's done ...
The 4400 ended without any closure

Thats about it.

Should I get Jericho and watch that series ?

Definitely either get them on DVD or watch in HD on Netflix. Watching the whole series at once is a very good experience. Just did it. Then you can get the graphic novels :)

RIght now "NEW" tv for me is limited to: BBT, The Voice, Survivor, Haven, and... well, that's pretty much it. WTH am I paying $100 per month to Dish???

I'm even further down than you. ;) Warehouse 13 (presently on mid-season break) and Revolution. News and sports, mainly football. Mostly movies...so, WTH am I paying more than $100 to Dish? I must be brain-damaged...

Funny, even though I don't like the way they are so inaccurate in their details of what a real word without electricity would really look like, I seem strangely compelled to tune in each week to watch.
People have to be confused by you. You've pointed out about 948 "flaws" in the show and continue to watch it. Is it to keep finding discrepancies ?

People have to be confused by you. You've pointed out about 948 "flaws" in the show and continue to watch it. Is it to keep finding discrepancies ?

Hall,
The shows don't care WHY you tune in, as long as you DO !

As long as people are watching or at least have the station on, it counts, doesn't matter if they like it or not.

I know! So he's helping the show! :D

We like it here... I've been hesitant to start watching any new network show as too many get cancelled very quickly. Never watched Jericho nor The Hunger Games, so I can't compare them.

YES. I love being right Hall. That is why I waste my time every week. :D

No, actually I only watch it as the last show I have on my dvr on the weekend, after I watched every other show I have recorded for the week. Mainly so I can participate in this conversation about this show.

Overall, I'm enjoying the show and the premise. It has issues, yes, but what show usually doesn't in it's first season? Scripted weekly dramas cost the networks a lot more money to produce than reality tv, consequently, if a scripted drama doesn't get big ratings quickly, or the ratings fall-off quickly, the show gets the axe. It didn't used to be this way, the networks used to give a new show at least a season to build a base. Not anymore. 13 episodes and if you're not consistently running in the top 10, you're gone... Sad...

MikeD-C05 said:

No, actually I only watch it as the last show I have on my dvr on the weekend, after I watched every other show I have recorded for the week. Mainly so I can participate in this conversation about this show.

Now that is true commitment. Watch so you can join the conversation. :)

I watched the rest of episode three because of this same reason. Might watch the rest some time this week.

Just watched episode 3. It appears to me, they are trying to ramp up the "epic hero's journey" and the path(s) the series LOST took.

So, I'm sure we are going to get TON's of "WTF's" and "WTH's" thrown at us in long story arc's before we understand any sort of real pattern. Then they'll switch the story completely around to something else. lol

Speaking of Lost...So far 3 former Lost actors have appeared.Just waiting for the rest to pop in any week lol.

FYI, there at least a dozen better shows I can come up with off the top of my head that better written, better produced, and feature much better acting than this one. Please feel free to devote your time and energy to these discussions since it's a lot more enjoyable than griping about Revolution (in no particular order):

Revenge
Castle
Criminal Minds
Elementary
NCIS
Blue Bloods
CSI
CSI: New York
Elementary
Person of Interest
The Mentalist
Fringe
Touch
Dexter
The Walking Dead
Major Crimes
Homeland

There are also other shows that are not currently in season such as Franklin and Bash, Mad Men, Hell on Wheels, Breaking Bad, Perception, etc. All better than Revolution IMO.

I now watch it on Hulu Plus when am in front of the TV w/ nothing to watch. Its mildly entertaining but I do not expect a 2nd season so am not overly attached ad I was w/ The Event (granted it was slow at first, but the last few episodes and finale were pretty good).

Cheers, K

Speaking of Lost...So far 3 former Lost actors have appeared.Just waiting for the rest to pop in any week lol.

Given J.J. Abrams production company working on Revolution, it is not too much of a stretch. Perhaps next season Fringe actors will start popping up.

Maybe I am wrong, but I do not think that they have really revealed some of the major plot lines yet. Right now they are simply introducing the characters and giving them some back story. Kind of like what they did in Lost. Essentially all the major characters are gathering.

Bad Judge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts