ReVoom Installation Problem

drosene

Original poster
May 11, 2005
I postponed my 942/625 (1HD/3SD) installation today after the Dish installer and his supervisor refused to attach the dish(s) to my old Voom chimney mast which is 20 feet from roof edge. I didn't care if they wanted/had to replace the Voom dish or not. They claimed they could not run the additional cable alongside the three I already have entering my attic under the flashing of an existing vent (30 inches from mast). Also claimed could not run ground wire into house and there HAD to be a ground wire!

Due to neighboring house and trees no view of 61.5 from eve or roof edges! Since I already unpacked my 942 I am reluctant to cancel and start over with retailer although thats what Dish CSR recommended.

Yes this is my first post. Your recommendations?

If I may ask, why did they ahve to run additional cable. If anything they would have to run new cable. Is your old Voom system grounded. I would recommend calling a loval retailer and seeing what they could do. Do you know if the Dish installer and his supervisor were going to use DishProPlus equipment?? Or does your install require a Superdish?? Where are you located??

I am in Dallas, Texas. I don't know about the DishPro variation until last night so I didn't ask the question. Currently I have the Voom LNB with two coax cables attached and the OTA with a single coax cable. All three cables run from the base of the mask 24-30 inches where they enter the house under the flashing of a roof vent. I don't see any ground cable. I don't know if I was getting a "super disk" but but the installer said he needed to run one additional coax so there would be two for the "primary" new dish that had a dual LNB and one for the new dish pointing to 61.5. Plus he needed to run a "ground" cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)