Installation Hell

w/OTA requiring some technical skill to complete correctly. You would think that they would pay an extra $30/install to get good people and single trip OTA installations.

Hey I just want the eqipment. If there is anything that goes wrong after the equipment is installed short of a faulty box and I cant fix it, then whatever idiot Installs Inc sends out will not fare any better.

Hell, I had to point the new dish for the installers who came to upgrade my Dish Network to Dish 500. Neither could find the sat... It doesn't matter who does the install...every companyis bound to have a bonehead installer.

Same with CSR's. When I get a stupid answer to a question I just call back and talk to someone else until I get a credible answer.

"Hi, My STB has been dead since 9 PM last night. (15 hours or so) I have tried reboots and unplugged serveral times but All I get is a red Sat light and a blank screen. I need you to send me a new box."

"Well sir, are you sure all the connetions are correct?"

"Yes it's hooked up correctly. It's been fine for a month"

"OK, the box is probably downloading software. let it sit for a few hours and it should be fine." "Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

CLICK.... Redial.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)