So what the hell is going on???? re olympic feed

vurbano said:
O yeah those Voom "people" are "up" on the negotiations. LMAO. Voom cannot show out of area feeds in areas where an affiliate is broadcasting. No affiliate is going to let that happen. They will fight to the grave against it. Your CSR contacts are wrong.

Well the affiliate here (Detroit) is showing it OTA,on D* and E* in HD,not on Voom,Station is not a O&O area,explain that Mr.Know-it-all :p :D

But atleast it's there and the feed looks better that the 720p the locals use,better color and a sharper image.With 4 kids needing to go here and there and everywhere else there is no time to watch the live feed(a little here and there)so some at night delayed or not is nice and the HD is a plus.One thing I didn't know until this morning is they say attendance is so low for some events they are giving the tickets away for free,these young adults have worked so hard for this and it means so much to them, I wish I had time and money to support them, where ever they are from.The best of luck to all of them. (That part is not relevant to the post -just had to wish them well)

Im sure that when the finals to said events come around they will fill up. Some of the gymanstic and swim pre-qualifing events were semi-empty but did you see the gold medal rounds?

The gymanstic events seemd to suffer the most,swimming appeared to have execellent attendance,With my kids events(sports)I see bits and pieces here and there

Actually, ESPN Radio was reporting this morning that there are a lot of events (now shown on TV) in which attedance has been poor. A lot of empty seats for Tennis, Softball, and others. Athens has decided to practically give away the tickets because no one is showing up.

bruce said:
Well the affiliate here (Detroit) is showing it OTA,on D* and E* in HD,not on Voom,Station is not a O&O area,explain that Mr.Know-it-all :p :D
Vooms agreement to carry the feeds may be strictly within the letter of the law. Only in an O&O. I really expected nothing different. Maybe you should sign up with E* or D*? [font=verdana, arial, helvetica]D* and E*'s agreement seems to include all cities that are either O&O or are allowing the feed on cable. Looks like V* is limited to O&O's only. But I still dont see justification to trash Voom for it. Vooms agreement is the usual SOP for distant network feeds on sat. If anything NBC's policy to treat V* differently than D*, E* or the local cable company is discriminatory in my opinion and they are the real culprits. Now Mr.Know-it-all has explained it :p :D [/font]

PS This post from Don Landis indicates that Voom asked for much more than they got. http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=172831&postcount=42

branchbouncer said:
The gymanstic events seemd to suffer the most,swimming appeared to have execellent attendance,With my kids events(sports)I see bits and pieces here and there

I seriously think the gymnastics finals will have full attendance, I also somehow suspect the track and field events in Greece will have some serious attendance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)