So what the hell is going on???? re olympic feed

devildogg said:
Bruce:

Are you watching it on D* or E*? If so that's great. If you are able to received the HD signal from your local NBC station that's what you get. Did you receive a letter from Voom? This is what is says:

"If you are a Voom customer who CAN receive the digital signal of NBC via your off-air antenna, the following will apply to your program schedule for the duration of the Olympics: Your NBC digital off-air will be converted to a special, high-definition broadcast of the 2004 summer olympics. You will only receive delayed Olympic highlights in high-definition for the duration of the Olympics. The decision by NBC to make this programming change will cause you to be unable to view live Olympic coverage and regularly scheduled programming from NBC During the Olympics. The regular NBC programming schedule will return on August 31, 2004."

It's pretty clear to me. So, I guess it's Voom fault that your local station does not broadcast sub channels! I'm not trying to start a pissing contest here. It looks to me that Voom is doing the right thing.

Regards

I agree with you devildogg. It was NBC's decision on who gets the HD and distant SD feeds... not VOOMS.

Here is a Link from someone on D* who can not get the olympics in HD. He even has had a waiver for years, but come to find out waivers do not count in this case.

Jerry

bruce said:
Again,it is Voom,not NBC,It is on D* and E* everywhere,Voom made a booboo :rolleyes:

The HD is blacked-out on Dish. I get the SD picture OTA and the HD OTA. Because of this, Dish and Voom black-out my area. Dish offers nothing more than Voom does. Write and complain to the FCC.

That list is wrong for voom, I am on that list and get no signal. yet my friends on d* are getting it... really makes it hard being a voomer right now and defending them.

keno said:
The HD is blacked-out on Dish. I get the SD picture OTA and the HD OTA. Because of this, Dish and Voom black-out my area. Dish offers nothing more than Voom does. Write and complain to the FCC.

It may be blacked out in your area,but not here for D* and E*(Detroit,non-O& O)it is on OTA and on Dish Network and DirecTV but not Voom,it makes no sense to me I am just giving the facts.

bruce said:
This is why I think it is Voom,from the Local HD Detroit Forum
It looks like Voom subs in Detroit might not get it. I think we'll have to wait and see but judging by e-mails that went out today I don't think we will get the extra Olympic channels.
Second Post-Today by rollerfink
So Detroit Voomers are out of luck. All we get is the HD delayed feed on NBC and none of the additional Olympic channels. So no live SD coverage and no regular NBC programming during the Olympics.

The only way I can see SD is through my basic cable via Brighthouse. 4-1 is digital HD showing of the opening show, and 4-2 is still the radar screen. 4-3 use to be a tower camera, but is no longer on the air. I was hoping they would make 4-2 or 4-3 their SD feed but thats a no go. No Leno or Conan on any TV but my small old 25" Zenith.

nope

jawilljr said:
I agree with you devildogg. It was NBC's decision on who gets the HD and distant SD feeds... not VOOMS.

Here is a Link from someone on D* who can not get the olympics in HD. He even has had a waiver for years, but come to find out waivers do not count in this case.

Jerry

I can watch the HD feed via DTV in Madison WI but not via Voom. It is because Voom negotiated a diff. deal with NBC than DTV did. This means it is Voom deal....which means Voom's responsibility. I was told this by 3 diff people from Voom who are supervisors. NBC cut teh Voom and Voom did a shitt* job of negotiating.

Madtown HD Junkie said:
I can watch the HD feed via DTV in Madison WI but not via Voom. It is because Voom negotiated a diff. deal with NBC than DTV did. This means it is Voom deal....which means Voom's responsibility. I was told this by 3 diff people from Voom who are supervisors. NBC cut teh Voom and Voom did a shitt* job of negotiating.

Yup, I'm sure Voom did a sh*t*y job negotiating their deal. However, maybe all this anger should be pointed at NBC for the sh*t*y HD coverage they are providing. I just want to know if they will ever show an athletic event.

I noticed today under "My Packages" on "My VOOM" it now shows:

OLY-SDE: Active
OLYMPIC: Active

Anybody else see this?

Had a chance to watch and compare the HD feeds from 321 and my OTA NBC. The VOOM feed seemed a lot better, especially the sound. Much more spacious. My OTA signal strength was pretty strong too. Sorry to hear that some subs are being shut out. NBC could be doing a lot more to make their coverage more extensive. Watching the Olympics on TV in Europe and Japan is a is a more comprehensive experience.

Channel 5 in west palm beach has repeatedly shown the opening ceremonies over and over, plus some musical interlude showing a bunch of pretty stuff, that gets pretty freaking old. I'm ready for the boy to wreck the bike,and the parasailer to cut the cord. If I were in that home on top of the mountain, I would throw my TV from it.

THis is the worst olympic experience ever. I'm also not getting the VOOm coverage. WHat happend to bravoHD covering something. FU!NBC

jailbird said:
I noticed today under "My Packages" on "My VOOM" it now shows:

OLY-SDE: Active
OLYMPIC: Active

Anybody else see this?

Mine just says "OLYMPIC: Active". I am in the Chicago area. I can see the HD feed on 321 (also on my OTA, but the 321 feed does seem to be better quality) but I cannot get either of the two SD feeds. Also, on the program guide it says to check other stations like Bravo, USA, MSNBC, and CNBC. I was able to watch some fencing earlier today on CNBC, but other than that I have not been able to watch anything else.

I tried to email NBC's Olympic feedback email address to express my disappointment with the poor way in which the Olympics are being broadcast this year. I also copied VOOM, the FCC, and the U.S. Olympic Committee on the email. It bounced back from the NBC address, so I forwarded the bounce to the supposed "webmaster" listed on the NBC contact page.

I had to go to work early today just to be able to watch the live coverage of the US vollyball and swimming events. I have no SD coverage. Voom had assured me I was eligable for the SD channel from Conneticut. They told me the same thing this morning when I called to complain about still having the "upgrade" message. They said they couldn't figure out what was wrong, they rebooted my system, then put me on hold. She came back on a couple minutes later to tell me that apparently I wasn't going to be able to get the SD coverage, no real explaination. My local NBC channel is 45 miles away from me in Philadelphia, and they are owned by NBC. Thought that made me eligable. Regardless, I can't get their OTA signal (or any other network channel) from my house, so I'm just SOL. I'm not happy. This may be the beginning of the end of my short Voom experience.

I live in Indy. I just noticed that our local NBC HD channel 13-1 isn't showing the Olympics around the clock. This morning they have local programing. Evidently since they're not an O&O station they are not completely obligated to show the HD Olympics around the clock. I feel that all the blame should go to NBC and some local stations for the confusion. They could have used the Bravo HD for the HD feed and left the local HD stations as is. Also have D and can get Channel 84. I also have seen a lot of complaints about this confusion on the D and E forums also, so not everyone with D & E is happy either. Blame the people who really got this thing botched up (NBC).

nuthatcher said:
I live in Indy. I just noticed that our local NBC HD channel 13-1 isn't showing the Olympics around the clock. This morning they have local programing. Evidently since they're not an O&O station they are not completely obligated to show the HD Olympics around the clock. I feel that all the blame should go to NBC and some local stations for the confusion. They could have used the Bravo HD for the HD feed and left the local HD stations as is. Also have D and can get Channel 84. I also have seen a lot of complaints about this confusion on the D and E forums also, so not everyone with D & E is happy either. Blame the people who really got this thing botched up (NBC).

Look. I can watch the HD feed via DTV in Madison WI but not via Voom. It is because Voom negotiated a diff. deal with NBC than DTV did. This means IT IS A VOOM ISSUE :eek: ....which means Voom's responsibility. I was told this by 3 diff people from Voom who are supervisors. NBC cut the deal Voom and Voom did a shitt* job of negotiating. NBC might be offering the HD and SD feeds in a clusterfuc* manner but let's be clear. The reason I can't watch Voom's NBC feed is because of the deal VOOM NEGOTIATED. Quit covering up for Voom, understand the issue and call Voom to confirm if you want, but don't blame this all on NBC.

Madtown HD Junkie said:
O yeah those Voom "people" are "up" on the negotiations. LMAO. Voom cannot show out of area feeds in areas where an affiliate is broadcasting. No affiliate is going to let that happen. They will fight to the grave against it. Your CSR contacts are wrong.

Madtown HD Junkie said:
Look. I can watch the HD feed via DTV in Madison WI but not via Voom. It is because Voom negotiated a diff. deal with NBC than DTV did. This means IT IS A VOOM ISSUE :eek: ....which means Voom's responsibility. I was told this by 3 diff people from Voom who are supervisors. NBC cut the deal Voom and Voom did a shitt* job of negotiating. NBC might be offering the HD and SD feeds in a clusterfuc* manner but let's be clear. The reason I can't watch Voom's NBC feed is because of the deal VOOM NEGOTIATED. Quit covering up for Voom, understand the issue and call Voom to confirm if you want, but don't blame this all on NBC.

Have you thought that it could also be because VOOM doesn't have the same kind of negotiating power w/ NBC that D* and E* do?

Bikemen said:
Well Said ...........
Cannot understand that if I pay for a subscription whhy shouldn't I get the feed, instead NBC is to decide that I can get the feed from my local provider ? The surrounding hill in my area block me from getting any signal so I am screwed not matter what. I missed the opening ceromonies in HD and now I am missing most of the coverage overall. THIS SUCKS! .............. Enough of this syndication Bullsh!t and let viewers get the channels they PAY FOR ...........
Go get a waiver from the affiliate. Thats what is required to get any out of market feed for any sat provider. And good luck. lol

jailbird said:
Have you thought that it could also be because VOOM doesn't have the same kind of negotiating power w/ NBC that D* and E* do?

Sure...probably a real big part of it but I really could give a shi* since I can see it on Voom. Your Point?

vurbano said:
O yeah those Voom "people" are "up" on the negotiations. LMAO. Voom cannot show out of area feeds in areas where an affiliate is broadcasting. No affiliate is going to let that happen. They will fight to the grave against it. Your CSR contacts are wrong.

OK....explain to me how can I see it on DTV in the same market when Voom does not show it to me? IT is becasue Voom did a diff deal than DTV. Which is VOOM's fault.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts