RF receivers for DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TonyDetter

Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
Tennessee
I have gooten great info on this forum in the past, I have a new question that I can't find on other postings.

I have DirecTV HD service in a room. already have a receiver and the card. I want to hide the receiver, thus I need an RF capable box. Ideally I would like an HD receiver, no need for a DVR, HDMI output that I can make RF capable.

1. Is there a list some where of RF capable receivers for Directv?
2. Is there a better way to gain RF capability for the Directv box other than buying an RF receiver?

Thanks in advance

I have a friend that has a HR-23 and she gets a TV signal in the masterbedroom and a TV signal on her 50 inch HDTV. the thing is she can not change the channel from the masterbedroom. How does she go bout changing channel? her bedroom is 10ft from the BOX through the wall.

The guy said the remote was RF but she has to point at the box to change channels

I have a friend that has a HR-23 and she gets a TV signal in the masterbedroom and a TV signal on her 50 inch HDTV. the thing is she can not change the channel from the masterbedroom. How does she go bout changing channel? her bedroom is 10ft from the BOX through the wall.

The guy said the remote was RF but she has to point at the box to change channels

She needs to go into the settings under "Remote" to activate the RF portion.

Awsome It works finally Thank you. The installer said I needed a remote from him thats 45 dollars to make RF work. I told Him no thanks, I can find something cheaper...

Remote on ebay...

I picked up what looked like a brand new IR remote for less than $10 delivered. For that price, no sense dragging a romote from room to room. I have a hard enough time finding the remote in one location and searching 2 rooms would be twice as much trouble.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)